College Football 2008 - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #421
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:25 AM
da da da da da...GO GATORSSSSS

Old 11-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #422
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:25 PM
Double stomach-punch... BC's pretty much clinched the division.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #423
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:25 PM
If anyone is wondering whether or not my head exploded during the Tech/Baylor game, it's still somehow largely intact.

Never, ever try to hang your hat on the Bears.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:17 AM   #424
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

hey impy, what was the UT - TT score again? fly your planes into Stillwater all you want...

65 -21

61 -41

I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow
Old 11-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #425
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:25 PM
AP Top 25

* 1.Alabama (62)
* 2.Florida (3)
* 3.Texas
* 4.Oklahoma
* 5.USC
* 6.Penn St.
* 7.Utah
* 8.Texas Tech
* 9.Boise St.
* 10.Ohio St.
* 11.TCU
* 12.Ball St.
* 13.Cincinnati
* 14.Oklahoma St.
* 15.Georgia Tech
* 16.Oregon
* 17.Georgia
* 18.Boston Coll.
* 19.Missouri
* 20.BYU
* 21.Michigan St.
* 22.Mississippi
* 23.Pittsburgh
* 24.Northwestern
* 25.Oregon St.

View Complete Poll Sun Nov 30, 2008
USA Today

* Alabama (58)
* Oklahoma (2)
* Texas
* Florida (1)
* USC
* Penn St.
* Utah
* Texas Tech
* Boise St.
* Ohio St.
* TCU
* Cincinnati
* Ball St.
* Oregon
* Oklahoma St.
* Georgia Tech
* Missouri
* BYU
* Georgia
* Boston Coll.
* Michigan St.
* Northwestern
* Pittsburgh
* Oregon St.
* Mississippi

Old 11-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #426
ONE
love, blood, life

A. Even I thought the flyover was overkill.
B. I'm not diminishing anything Tech accomplished this season. They did beat us, which I'm sort of still not over, but are now the product of a fucked up system. It's not my fault they're eliminated, but since they are, I'm forced to weigh the head-to-head vs. OU.
C. I'm also not diminishing anything OU has accomplished. Their offense is awe-inspiring. Their defense, well not so much. They are a worthy team with an impressive resume. We just beat them, is all. But if they make it to the MNC, let's hope they don't embarrass the Big XII on the national stage again.
D. The computers and coaches are out, and we're down .00535. Without a major swing in the Harris, this thing is on ice. Hellllllloooooo Tempe.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #427
ONE
love, blood, life

Scout.com: 2008 BCS Rankings - Week 7, Nov. 30

Fuck.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:03 PM   #428
Refugee

Local Time: 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
B. It's not my fault they're eliminated, but since they are, I'm forced to weigh the head-to-head vs. OU.
you realize why they are eliminated right? because ou stomped them sooo bad.

this could still work out for tu. you will not have to play florida, and will most likely have a better matchup.

if ou wins the title game, and tu wins their bcs bowl tu will get a split national title. the ap will give it to the whorns.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:13 PM   #429
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. BAW View Post
AP Top 25

* 1.Alabama (62)
* 2.Florida (3)
* 3.Texas
* 4.Oklahoma
* 5.USC
* 6.Penn St.
* 7.Utah
* 8.Texas Tech
* 9.Boise St.
* 10.Ohio St.
* 11.TCU
* 12.Ball St.
* 13.Cincinnati
* 14.Oklahoma St.
* 15.Georgia Tech
* 16.Oregon
* 17.Georgia
* 18.Boston Coll.
* 19.Missouri
* 20.BYU
* 21.Michigan St.
* 22.Mississippi
* 23.Pittsburgh
* 24.Northwestern
* 25.Oregon St.

USA Today

* Alabama (58)
* Oklahoma (2)
* Texas
* Florida (1)
* USC
* Penn St.
* Utah
* Texas Tech
* Boise St.
* Ohio St.
* TCU
* Cincinnati
* Ball St.
* Oregon
* Oklahoma St.
* Georgia Tech
* Missouri
* BYU
* Georgia
* Boston Coll.
* Michigan St.
* Northwestern
* Pittsburgh
* Oregon St.
* Mississippi

Bowl Champ. Series

* Alabama
* Oklahoma
* Texas
* Florida
* USC
* Utah
* Texas Tech
* Penn St.
* Boise St.
* Ohio St.
* TCU
* Ball St.
* Cincinnati
* Oklahoma St.
* Georgia Tech
* Georgia
* Boston Coll.
* BYU
* Oregon
* Missouri
* Michigan St.
* Northwestern
* Pittsburgh
* Florida St.
* Virginia Tech

Old 11-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #430
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphelmet View Post
you realize why they are eliminated right? because ou stomped them sooo bad.

this could still work out for tu. you will not have to play florida, and will most likely have a better matchup.

if ou wins the title game, and tu wins their bcs bowl tu will get a split national title. the ap will give it to the whorns.
I think Florida stomps whoever regardless. OU, us, it didn't matter. They're not going to be stopped. If OU shits the bed against Mizzou, we could back into the MNC. If not, Fiesta against tOSU or Utah is a decent consolation prize. Plus it could potentially be very satisfying to watch OU lay yet another egg in a BCS bowl.

I'm very disappointed, but thankful for what was a great football season. Fiesta is just the icing on the cake, and I'll be there for it.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #431
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Mack doesn't believe in running up the score like Stoops
Quote:
I'm also not diminishing anything OU has accomplished. Their offense is awe-inspiring. Their defense, well not so much. They are a worthy team with an impressive resume. We just beat them, is all. But if they make it to the MNC, let's hope they don't embarrass the Big XII on the national stage again.
Quote:
I think Florida stomps whoever regardless. OU, us, it didn't matter
Quote:
If OU shits the bed against Mizzou
Quote:
Plus it could potentially be very satisfying to watch OU lay yet another egg in a BCS bowl.
Wow, you must really really hate OU. While i can understand your disappointment, i really dont understand all of the anger. Even i rooted for Texas two years ago over USC in one of the best Championship games i have ever seen. No need for you to be bitter, if your team didn't get burned in Lubbock we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we? Maybe you guys should have beat Oklahoma State (in Austin, no doubt not in Stillwater) by 20 POINTS and beat OU by 44 in your "neutral field" and i could be wishing you luck against Mizzou next weekend.

When you look at the body of work, and who is the hotter team right now then yes Oklahoma (or Florida) deserves the number 2 spot....for now. Yes our Defense has given up a lot of points.....typically in the second half after we have huge leads and are putting in our benchwarmers. Yes Texas beat us by 10 POINTS (or as you all like to say in Austin by DOUBLE DIGITS) on a neutral field (even though it was in the state of TEXAS, play that game in OKLAHOMA sometime) after we had just lost one of our best linebackers for the season.

Our Defense has had a lot of injuries, still no excuse for giving up points, but we have one loss. Our special teams is suspect, as you well know, and cost us several TD's. Yet we have put up over 60 points how many times this year? You call it "running up the score" yet on the other hand if we just try to run out the clock and not score then you say our Defense is weak when a team starts to come back a little bit. I know you are from Austin, which is a lovely town btw (been there u2 elevation tour 2001), but C'mon you can't have it both ways.

I think Alabama, Florida, OU, or Texas either way are all deserving of the 1-2 spots and either team could come away the winner. Alabama shut out Auburn in the "Iron Bowl" a game they haven't won in 6 years. They are 12-0 amd nobody has found a way to beat them all year. Watch out for this Alabama team they are stronger than you think...might give Florida all they want in the SEC Championship. I guess we shall see.

Texas has nothing to be down about, and everything to be proud of. I wish you luck in your bowl game this year.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #432
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Double stomach-punch... BC's pretty much clinched the division.
I was actually hoping BC would take it. There's no way VT could've won the ACC championship if it was against FSU. This'll be a repeat revenge victory just like last year.

It's nice to see VT back on the BCS again, even if it is way at the bottom.

The VT/UVA game was intense, I was glad I went. It was nice to see Taylor actually throw the ball downfield. I hadn't seen that happen in awhile. And when was the last time a kick was blocked? The last one I remember is MD blocking one of ours!

Also, who the hell is that QB that the Wahoos pulled out of there ass? I don't think I've seen him play all season!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:07 AM   #433
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Wow, you must really really hate OU. While i can understand your disappointment, i really dont understand all of the anger. Even i rooted for Texas two years ago over USC in one of the best Championship games i have ever seen. No need for you to be bitter, if your team didn't get burned in Lubbock we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we? Maybe you guys should have beat Oklahoma State (in Austin, no doubt not in Stillwater) by 20 POINTS and beat OU by 44 in your "neutral field" and i could be wishing you luck against Mizzou next weekend.
I do really hate OU, that's just in our nature down here. However, I do know Texas didn't take care of business in Lubbock and is paying the price now while OU has steamrolled everything since 45-35 and has looked damn good in the process. I'm just pissed and bitter to have to watch two teams we beat (one of them being OU) play for a Big XII championship. The BCS isn't necessarily fucked up, but the Big XII tiebreak scenarios are. Even if we had pulled off the impossible today, I wouldn't be thrilled with the way things are in the conference.

Quote:
When you look at the body of work, and who is the hotter team right now then yes Oklahoma (or Florida) deserves the number 2 spot....for now. Yes our Defense has given up a lot of points.....typically in the second half after we have huge leads and are putting in our benchwarmers. Yes Texas beat us by 10 POINTS (or as you all like to say in Austin by DOUBLE DIGITS) on a neutral field (even though it was in the state of TEXAS, play that game in OKLAHOMA sometime) after we had just lost one of our best linebackers for the season.
I'm not arguing OU's body of work, it's excellent. They're a great team, so is Tech for that matter. 45-35 happened and I loved every second of it, but at the end of the day OU did indeed have a better strength of schedule and has played amazingly, with the exception of the second half of the Shootout. I'm not ignoring this, and I think OU is just as worth as Texas. The Cotton Bowl is indeed neutral. I don't know if you've ever been to a RRS, but the tickets are distributed evenly and half the stadium is full of Sooner fans.

Quote:
Our Defense has had a lot of injuries, still no excuse for giving up points, but we have one loss. Our special teams is suspect, as you well know, and cost us several TD's. Yet we have put up over 60 points how many times this year? You call it "running up the score" yet on the other hand if we just try to run out the clock and not score then you say our Defense is weak when a team starts to come back a little bit. I know you are from Austin, which is a lovely town btw (been there u2 elevation tour 2001), but C'mon you can't have it both ways.
We lost Orakpo (and Quan) in the Tech game, but I can't use them as excuses either. Shit happens. Running up the score is what I perceive when I see Stoops leaving in first-team guys midway into the 4th against aggy. I know style points matter, and as much as I hate Stoops I respect his coaching ability. But it's just a tough pill to swallow when I know we can't get those huge leads because Mack notoriously calls off the dogs early. I think OU's plainly got the better offense than Texas, but I think we've got a much better defense.

And this isn't confrontational, but lest you think I'm a t-shirt fan, I'm a senior at Texas, not just an Austinite going for the hometown. And I'm sticking around an extra semester to enjoy one last football season next year. Lucky me.

Quote:
I think Alabama, Florida, OU, or Texas either way are all deserving of the 1-2 spots and either team could come away the winner. Alabama shut out Auburn in the "Iron Bowl" a game they haven't won in 6 years. They are 12-0 amd nobody has found a way to beat them all year. Watch out for this Alabama team they are stronger than you think...might give Florida all they want in the SEC Championship. I guess we shall see.

Texas has nothing to be down about, and everything to be proud of. I wish you luck in your bowl game this year.
Alabama and Florida will be a better game than everyone is thinking. I think OU mudholes Bama but falls to Florida, but I thought that about Texas too.

I'm proud of this team too. We all expected a down year and now it'll end in Fiesta, Sugar, or (with a Mizzou win) a MNC. I'm pleased at the results. I hate OU with all my heart, but damn it I respect the program. Best of luck to Sooner as well.

I think you're getting my bitching wrong. This whole thing sucks, but I don't blame OU for that. I don't blame the BCS either. Whether they would have benefited the Horns or not, there needs to be reform with Big XII tiebreak scenarios. Can't we just agree it's nice to see classless Tech's best season ever end with no conference championship game bid, no BCS bowl, and a January 1st date with Ole Miss in Dallas?

Man, the Shootout is going to feature some real bad blood next year.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:35 AM   #434
Refugee

Quote:

Running up the score is what I perceive when I see Stoops leaving in first-team guys midway into the 4th against aggy. I know style points matter, and as much as I hate Stoops I respect his coaching ability. But it's just a tough pill to swallow when I know we can't get those huge leads because Mack notoriously calls off the dogs early. I think OU's plainly got the better offense than Texas, but I think we've got a much better defense.
this is the one argument that i keep seeing sips make, that hold now water. with the exception of the osu game, which was still very much in doubt ou scored 7 points combined in the 4th quarter of their blowouts.

as much as i hate to say it, they did not run up the score on a&m. they did everything not to. they did not score in the 4th and the game was 59-14, with 8 mins left in the third (tu led 21-3 at the same point), and 66-21 to start the 4th (tu led 28-3). it was something very similar against nebraska and tech. they could have easily scored 80 in all three of those games if they wanted to run it up. they essentially played about 2.5 quarters of their complete offense. anyway blaming them for still trying to score in the middle of the third, is just not seeing it objectively. that is not running up the score. i am no fan of stoops, but he has always said he plays his first team for 3 quarters because they have earned it. what is amazing is all those insane numbers came through three quarters.

the running up the score argument is just dumb, you need to quit using that excuse. ou's offense is just that good, and if anything they try very hard not to run it up, they don't even score in the 4th. you site the a&m game, but did you even watch it? they could have easily scored several more times, and chose not to.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #435
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
B. I'm not diminishing anything Tech accomplished this season. They did beat us, which I'm sort of still not over, but are now the product of a fucked up system. It's not my fault they're eliminated, but since they are, I'm forced to weigh the head-to-head vs. OU.
In other words, losing to a crummy team is way better than losing to a good team (Notre Dame 1993, Miami 1983).

Overweighing one head-to-head game necessarily means underweighing (if not outright discarding) the other 11, and this is the logical result.

Tags
college football