College Football 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
complete3tk0.jpg

:)

2162274175_1a7ac7342b_o.jpg

Mackward Brown has more BCS wins than Big Pout Bob. And he'll retire before he can ever catch Stoopsie in losses, because he doesn't have any at present.

Can we stop calling him Big Game Bob now? All he's done is drop FIVE straight BCS games and got spanked by Daddy in Dallas 3 of the past 4 years.

The motherfucking Gators... nearly half of my school had a Teboner today. In other news, less than half of that half will end up going to Florida, so there's that.

Raise your hand if you have a ten point victory over OU on a neutral field!

t2coltgyvg8.jpg

NSW: I have to agree with these comments. It was not a good performance in the broadcasting booth. They sounded like the seventh string announcing pair, not the pair you'd put in for your marquee game.

And speaking of announcers, I can't tell what I hate about Kirk Herbstreet the most: (1) he's a buckeye, (2) he's a homer, or (3) he doesn't suck as a radio announcer.

My favorite Herbstreit moment was this year, when they were going through the Saturday selections, and they got to the Penn State-Ohio State game, which he couldn't technically pick because he was announcing it. Instead, they had all of his kids run up on stage in Ohio State jerseys and sit with him and Corso, dancing around with the giant Buckeye on his head.

NSW: I have to agree with these comments. It was not a good performance in the broadcasting booth. They sounded like the seventh string announcing pair, not the pair you'd put in for your marquee game.

I re-watched some of it today in the office, and it was worse than I had thought. But I've seen this same duo do great work, so overall I can't agree that they suck.

Careful before I report you for altering quotes.

Anything to get you banned. It's coming, bitch. :heart:

Well...it is 2009.

Rivals.com 2009 Preseason Top 25
1. Florida
The Buzz: The potential exists for all 11 defensive starters – and each of their backups – to be back in 2009. If QB Tim Tebow returns, the Gators will be prohibitive favorites to repeat.

2. Texas
The Buzz: QB Colt McCoy's decision to return means the offense again will put up a ton of points – and the running game should be better in 2009. The secondary could be a strength, but the front seven needs some tweaking.

3. USC
The Buzz: The defense will undergo an overhaul, from the coordinator down to the players. But the offense could be truly explosive.

4. Oklahoma
The Buzz: If quarterback Sam Bradford, TE Jermaine Gresham and DT Gerald McCoy go pro, this ranking will drop. If all three return, OU will battle for the Big 12 – and maybe national – title.

5. LSU
The Buzz: QB Jordan Jefferson's performance in the Chick-fil-A Bowl provides hope that the offense will be more consistent. The linebacking corps needs to be rebuilt.

6. Ohio State
The Buzz: You have to figure the coaches will unleash quarterback Terrelle Pryor, which will jazz up the offense. The defense will be fine even without CB Malcolm Jenkins and LB James Laurinaitis.

7. Virginia Tech
The Buzz: The Hokies look as if they will be the class of the ACC. The defense always will be good, and if QB Tyrod Taylor becomes a better passer, the offense actually could be dangerous.

8. Alabama
The Buzz: The offensive line could have some questions and there will be a new quarterback, but depth should be better and there are some talented skill-position players on hand.

9. Boise State
The Buzz: QB Kellen Moore can become a star. If the Broncos can get their front four on defense settled, an undefeated season is within their grasp.

10. Oklahoma State
The Buzz: The Cowboys should have a deadly offensive trio in QB Zac Robinson, TB Kendall Hunter and WR Dez Bryant. The defense, though, has some work to do.

11. Georgia Tech
The Buzz: The Yellow Jackets were surprisingly good in coach Paul Johnson's first season, and Year Two in the triple-option offense could lead to big numbers. The defense should be fine.

12. California
The Buzz: Jahvid Best may go into the 2009 season as the nation's best running back. Coach Jeff Tedford needs to settle on a quarterback and the linebacking corps must be rebuilt.

13. Penn State
The Buzz: QB Daryll Clark and TB Evan Royster return, though there are questions about the offensive line, the receiving corps and the secondary. The front seven on defense could be outstanding.

14. Ole Miss
The Buzz: Coach Houston Nutt changed the culture around the program, and if Tim Tebow goes pro, Jevan Snead will be the best quarterback in the SEC. There is a lot of skill-position talent around him, too.

15. Oregon
The Buzz: The Ducks will need to settle on a quarterback and do some tweaking in the secondary. But the rushing attack again should be the team strength.

16. Florida State
The Buzz: The defense has a lot of potential, if the coaches can find some safeties. The offensive line actually could be a strength. But the passing attack must improve.

17. Utah
The Buzz: The passing game will be a huge question. But the defense returns a lot of key players in the front seven, and the Utes will be able to run the ball.

18. Georgia
The Buzz: Matthew Stafford and Knowshon Moreno are gone. But it's not as if the Bulldogs' roster is bereft of talent. The offensive line should be much better, as should the defense.

19. Kansas
The Buzz: On paper, at least, the Jayhawks look to be the class of the Big 12 North. The return of QB Todd Reesing means the offense should be one of the most productive in the nation. But the defense must replace three starting linebackers.

20. Texas Tech
The Buzz: No Graham Harrell. No Michael Crabtree. A rebuilt offensive line. A tougher schedule. And the same old defense.

21.Iowa
The Buzz: Yes, star running back Shonn Greene is gone, but the defense again should be tough. The offensive line should be stout and there still are some good backs on campus.

22. BYU

The Buzz: Replacing four starters on the offensive line is the top priority for the Cougars, whose defense should be much better.

23. Notre Dame
The Buzz: Hey, calm down there, all you Irish haters. Notre Dame has talent, the schedule is navigable and a staff shakeup should help on the field.

24. USF
The Buzz: One of these seasons, USF will start fast and finish strong. Next season will be the final go-round for quarterback Matt Grothe, who must cut down on his mistakes.

25. Oregon State
The Buzz: The Rodgers brothers mean the offense should be fine, and coordinator Mark Banker always seems to find answers on his defense.

Others that received consideration (in alphabetical order): Air Force, Colorado, Houston, Michigan State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Northwestern and Texas Christian.

Rivals.com football staff members Steve Megargee, David Fox, Olin Buchanan and Mike Huguenin co

SC shits the bed against an inferior Pac 10 team seemingly every year. Next year it wouldn't surprise me if they get taken down by U of A.

Colt already said he'll be back. Tim Christ isn't going anywhere. But ole' Googly Eyes is as good as gone.

SC shits the bed against an inferior Pac 10 team seemingly every year. Next year it wouldn't surprise me if they get taken down by U of A.

Colt already said he'll be back. Tim Christ isn't going anywhere. But ole' Googly Eyes is as good as gone.

Jesus wears a Tim Tebow jersey.

YouTube - bren davis 4th

"Above is the video (from Awful Announcing) of the most egregious of Brennaman’s and Davis’s screw-ups: their inability to tell the difference between downs, for minutes on end during a goal-line stand, without anyone correcting them."

Fucking clowns. :crack:

Googly Eyes no want NFL wampum. He come back to OU to complete BCS failure trifecta.

Back
Top Bottom