College Football 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yikes: Its already started for 'SC...QB Mark Sanchez suffered a dislocated kneecap during yesterday's practice! (that's gotta hurt!)
Having suffered this exact injury in my younger days, I cringed when I heard this...I saw on ESPN they think he could be back in 4 weeks...I highly doubt it.

Having suffered this exact injury in my younger days, I cringed when I heard this...I saw on ESPN they think he could be back in 4 weeks...I highly doubt it.
He'll be thinking about that knee each time he plants (whatever) foot it is; he's doomed...its all good, I had no expectation of them going wire to wire without a loss or two along the way...

The news just gets worse for USC:

It's not as serious as, say, starting quarterback Mark Sanchez's dislocated kneecap, but the USC Trojans are suffering a new rash of injuries.

Emphasis on rash.

According to a report in the Los Angeles Times, as much as 25% of the team has been affected by a run of tinea cruris, known more colloquially as "jock itch."

Head coach Pete Carroll told the Times he'd never seen anything like the current outbreak and pointed a finger at new compression shorts the team has been wearing underneath their football pants.

"We've had to adjust to some new equipment that we're wearing that didn't work out right," Carroll said. "It's funny how that happened."

You'll forgive tailback Joe McKnight and wide receiver Travon Patterson if they aren't laughing. Both were unable to practice Wednesday because of the severity of the irritation.

"It burns," Patterson said.

"Sometimes they can't walk," said tailback Stafon Johnson. "I don't know what it is, but I'm staying away from it."

ITS POLL TIME -

USA Today
1. Georgia (22)
2. USC (14)
3. Ohio State (14)
4. Oklahoma (3)
5. Florida (5)
6. LSU (3)
7. Missouri
8. West Virginia
9. Clemson
10. Texas
11. Auburn
12. Wisconsin
13. Kansas
14. Texas Tech
15. Virginia Tech
16. Arizona State
17. Brigham Young
18. Tennessee
19. Illinois
20. Oregon
21. South Florida
22. Penn State
23. Wake Forest
24. Michigan
25. Fresno State

AP Poll
August 16, 2008

RANK TEAM RECORD PTS LAST
1 Georgia (22) 11-2 1528 2
2 Ohio St. (21) 11-2 1506 5
3 Southern Cal (12) 11-2 1490 3
4 Oklahoma (4) 11-3 1444 8
5 Florida (6) 9-4 1415 13
6 Missouri 12-2 1266 4
7 LSU 12-2 1135 1
8 West Virginia 11-2 1116 21
9 Clemson 9-4 1105 6
10 Auburn 9-4 968 10
11 Texas 10-3 966 15
12 Texas Tech 9-4 786 22
13 Wisconsin 9-4 771 24
14 Kansas 12-1 707 7
15 Arizona St. 10-3 631 16
16 BYU 11-2 590 14
17 Virginia Tech 11-3 578 9
18 Tennessee 10-4 509 12
19 South Florida 9-4 496 NR
20 Illinois 9-4 483 20
21 Oregon 9-4 366 23
22 Penn St. 9-4 293 NR
23 Wake Forest 9-4 227 NR
24 Alabama 7-6 89 NR
25 Pittsburgh 5-7 85 NR

First-place votes in parentheses

We should have a pretty good defense though.

Thats why some think they will do OK this year. I think it could be a very rough year. I'm hoping for at least 7-5 and at best 8-4. They do play in the Big Ten and there are only a couple of powerhouse offenses that will most likely give the defense a lot of trouble. So I think there may be a lot of close games. Its just how many of those they can pull out or how many of those the offense doesn't completely kill them.

ESPN signs 15-year deal with the SEC

ESPN - ESPN signs 15-year deal with SEC - College Sports

Well, fuck. ESPN is the only place I get to see ACC, Big East and the majority of Big Ten games (including my Hawkeyes). Plus all the small conference games.

With the Big Ten Network, expect to find almost all the Hawkeyes games on there (especially since it's looking like another rough year).

I just don't like how we'll be hearing about the SEC is the greatest conference in the world all the time on ESPN.

Can't wait, I'll be camping over the holiday weekend, but I've got my DVR set to record. I just love College Football season (go Hawks).

I was supposed to go to the Illinois v. Missouri border war game tonight in St. Louis but it didn't work out. I'm pissed. And I will be getting pissed drunk at a bar tonight as I watch the game. It should be a good one.

I'm going to wager that alcohol consumption goes up 45-60% on Saturday afternoons in Ann Arbor this year.

For a few years actually. I've never been impressed by Rich Rodriguez. In the last two seasons he has gone 10-4 in a weak Big East. How is he going to do in the same conference as Ohio State and teams that can be a surprise any year like Wisconson, Iowa and recently Illinois?

For a few years actually. I've never been impressed by Rich Rodriguez. In the last two seasons he has gone 10-4 in a weak Big East. How is he going to do in the same conference as Ohio State and teams that can be a surprise any year like Wisconson, Iowa and recently Illinois?

Well fuck, if you don't like him why would they have hired him?

Alright, time to get this show on the road. I begin my journey to the nearest sports bar.

If we win tonight, we will make our second consecutive trip to the Rose Bowl. Good luck to myself.

With the Illinois/Missouri game over I will take away these things about both teams.

Illinois: Juice Williams is going win and lose some games for them. Great plays with too many mistakes. This team looks like a 3-4 loss team with Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State and Iowa on the schedule.

Missouri: They'll win the Big 12 North but not being undefeated before the Big 12 Championship. I think at Nebraska could be a surprise loss for them. Seeing the plays this team gave up tonight.

Same deal as last year for Juice, basically. The difference is no Mendenhall, so, no Rose Bowl, even if Ohio St manages to make it to the Championship game.

I hope Wells is ok.

I just hope Florida State doesn't shit the bed next week against Western Kentucky like Virginia Tech did against Eastern Carolina today. One can only hope, at least.

Back
Top Bottom