College Football 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TheWrathofQuan.gif

And a little something for the Colt's Girlfriend crowd:
http://deadspin.com/5070135/and-now...o-you-with-pictures-of-colt-mccoys-girlfriend

Just saw a condensed replay of the Fiesta Bowl.

I would just like to say that the ref who called a penalty for excessive celebration on the Quan Cosby TD should be shot.

This alleged BCS championship game sucks donkey balls on every level so far.

This alleged BCS championship game sucks donkey balls on every level so far.

Quoted for truth.

USC/Utah/Texas should be #1, and these two clowns in the broadcast booth should be barred from attending sporting events for life.

As a former inhabitant of Florida that moved to Jersey at age 10...I must say...

CONGRATS GATORS :D

...the eagles better win too on sunday! :up:

Fine, I didn't realize that Brennaman and Davis joined the Big Ten network recently.

They still blow chunks though.

How overrated was the Big 12 South looking back? 1-3 in their bowl games, with the three losses by double digits. The combined point differential in those games was -31. Obviously, it was against weaker opponents but the Big 12 North went 3-0.

In the interests of fairness, a lot of people around here today are talking about how disappointing the call of last night's game was.....I've just seen those two do great work, often, so I'm a tad surprised. We were watching in a very loud bar, so I could not hear them all that well.

In the interests of fairness, a lot of people around here today are talking about how disappointing the call of last night's game was.....I've just seen those two do great work, often, so I'm a tad surprised. We were watching in a very loud bar, so I could not hear them all that well.

plus how closely can you listen when you're busy shakin that ass?

I think Brennamann is okay for baseball, but when doing football he seems to have a hard time keeping track of all the peripheral action. E.g. when there's a penalty flag he often can't figure out what the foul is until the referee announces it (good announcers can guess what it is based on the action, and they know for sure once the ref gives the preliminary hand signal). And the whole miscounting the downs at the goal line was embarrassing.

Oh yeah, the Tebow deification was also just slightly over-the-top.

I think Brennamann is okay for baseball, but when doing football he seems to have a hard time keeping track of all the peripheral action. E.g. when there's a penalty flag he often can't figure out what the foul is until the referee announces it (good announcers can guess what it is based on the action, and they know for sure once the ref gives the preliminary hand signal). And the whole miscounting the downs at the goal line was embarrassing.

Oh yeah, the Tebow deification was also just slightly over-the-top.

Oh, he's definitely more of a baseball guy, for sure.

Final BCS will be #1 - Winner of the big one; #2 Utah and #3 SC...

AP may be another story.

Bowl Subdivision Polls
AP Top 25

* 1.Florida (48)
* 2.Utah (16)
* 3.USC (1)
* 4.Texas
* 5.Oklahoma
* 6.Alabama
* 7.TCU
* 8.Penn St.
* 9.Ohio St.