College Football 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a Michigan man through and through, but last night's Rose Bowl illustrated a point I've been trying to make since Lloyd walked away: I wish Michigan were running a pro-style offense.

Now don't get me wrong. I think Rich Rodriguez is a good coach and I think he will eventually win at UofM, but I'm afraid that when he does I still won't enjoy it. There is something glorious about a pro-style offense in the college game when it is played by superior athletes and run by coaches who aren't afraid to open things up. USC in the 2nd quarter last night was one of the prettiest machines you will ever see. That's what the pro-style gets you.

And Michigan could run it. Let's be honest, we've had the athletes to run it (at least our first stringers - more on that later) for a long time, but we had a coach that simply refused to open up the offense unless they were way behind. Imagine UofM with a Carroll acolyte at the helm - mmm mmm good.

My only concern would be depth. It seems to me that part of USC's recent success is not that they've recruited great starters, but they've got great players that are sitting on the bench. My question is: are those great back-ups going to USC simply because Carroll is a great coach and its a great program so they're willing to sit on the bench? If that is the case, Michigan could build that sort of program. Or are those players going to USC because Carroll is a great coach and runs a great program AND because even if you're sitting on the bench you're sitting on the bench in Southern California? If location is a big factor, Michigan is fucked.

Again, this is not a knock on Rich Rod. I'm behind him. I just don't love the spread. Even when its run well, it looks like a back-yard gimmick play.

Matt Cassell...great player who sat on the bench.

Had to say something about Alabama having it's collective asses handed to them by Utah (what the hell is a Utes, anyway?).
21 to nothing? 1st QUARTER. wtf
I..I can't believe it.
I had to do something I've never done before. Venture into the sports thread, during an Alabama game to break some type of voodoo, mojo or something. :wink:
anyway,
ROLL TIDE.. :hyper:
Later.

Mike Leach made some mind boggling bad decisions in the Cotton Bowl.
Definitely cost his team a shot at staying in the game with a bone headed QB sneak on 4th and 4.

Penn State's second and third quarters. Ugh. That game sucked and I was left very disappointed.

Also, I cannot stand Pete Carroll, and, consequently, USC.

I think the Utes have as much a claim to a MNC as anyone. I hope the AP voters put them #1. They earned it. Knocking off Michigan in the Big House (I know they suck, but still), USC's daddy, a TCU team I'm completely enamored with which deserves to be in the top 10, and BYU's Stormin' Mormons is nothing to shake a stick at. Simply put, they showed up every game and took care of business.

They are who we thought they were!

Considering the final BCS standings already came out weeks ago, I don't see that happening.

I apologize.

So is anyone else eating a nice bowl of steamed peas while watching this game? Gotta love New Years resolutions.....

Haha, that's cool.

I'm going to move to Texas and ask her out on a date. Just dinner and a movie. Nothing too fancy.

Yeah, that turned into a pretty damn good game in the 4th quarter. I couldn't be happier for Colt McCoy's sister.

cm1ef7.jpg

after some investigation...i have learned she is in fact Colt's girlfriend and runs track for Baylor

Back
Top Bottom