College Football 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im suprised nobody took a shot at it

:sexywink:

seriously though, its all just so absurd. And slightly funny if you think about it.

What's funnier is it was apparently contracted by a Tech alum. That just makes it more misguided and pathetic. OU has a case for flying a plane like that. Tech? Not so much.

Wow. Epic fail by BC so far.

I'm okay with that! :)
Just for today, I'm going to stop calling Stinespring the Offensive Uncoordinator. Taylor & Evans are playing especially sexy today.

I'm still holding out for some Beamer Ball. We've got a whole 2nd half to go. Blocked kicks are the only reason I get up on Saturday mornings. We gotta do it for this championship!

I love the smell of oranges!

Somebody really needs to explain to the NCAA the folly of attempting to whittle a pool of 120+ teams down to 2 finalists after only 13 games.

Imagine a world where the Big 12 had a team or two with a decent defense. Not even a good defense, just a decent one.

Really? I'd say Texas, OU, OSU, and even Texas Tech have decent if not good defenses. Most people don't realize that because their offense is that much better.

Alabama's "good" defense gave up 31 points yesterday to Florida, while Florida's "good" defense gave up 20 points to BAMA. Oklahoma's "decent" defense has averaged giving up 24.5 points per game. You can argue "thats Florida...or thats Alabama" but OU played #2, #5, #12, #16, #20, & #23 in that equation. I suppose it's also a good thing when we score an NCAA record 702 points this season, an average of 54 ppg.

Really? I'd say Texas, OU, OSU, and even Texas Tech have decent if not good defenses. Most people don't realize that because their offense is that much better.

Alabama's "good" defense gave up 31 points yesterday to Florida, while Florida's "good" defense gave up 20 points to BAMA. Oklahoma's "decent" defense has averaged giving up 24.5 points per game. You can argue "thats Florida...or thats Alabama" but OU played #2, #5, #12, #16, #20, & #23 in that equation. I suppose it's also a good thing when we score an NCAA record 702 points this season, an average of 54 ppg.

I'm not sure what that yawning emoticon is for, but.....

I have watched a decent amount of Big 12 FB this year, and while certainly, the offenses are stellar and fun to watch, the defenses are decent, at best, to me. The Oklahoma/Ok St game last weekend was a great example. Both teams just marched up and down the field all game long. Missed tackles, missed assignments, etc. Again, sometimes, when the offenses are so potent, the defenses are made to look bad, but I think that I've seen enough to have an opinion on it all. As for the SEC, I've not watched a lot of Gator or Tide or Bulldog games, so I can't really comment.

I will agree, though, that of the bunch, Oklahoma's defense is likely the best of the bunch. They more than Texas or Texas Tech look like a complete team to me.

I'm not sure what that yawning emoticon is for, but.....

I have watched a decent amount of Big 12 FB this year, and while certainly, the offenses are stellar and fun to watch, the defenses are decent, at best, to me. The Oklahoma/Ok St game last weekend was a great example. Both teams just marched up and down the field all game long. Missed tackles, missed assignments, etc. Again, sometimes, when the offenses are so potent, the defenses are made to look bad, but I think that I've seen enough to have an opinion on it all.

I agree 100%.

Utah is going to get absolutely annihilated.

At this point, my biggest hope is that Ohio State doesn't jump Boise State to get the last at large bid. :down: I want Utah and Boise in BCS bowls.

And once again the BCS has made sure we'll see tOSU get pummeled in a BCS bowl game. At least its not the title game this year.

what is funny about the "if the big 12 had a decent defense argument" is, you really -could say just as easily- "if the sec had a decent offense" (outside of florida) and it would be just as accurate. its like when all the sec fans said, urban meyers offense will never work in the sec, the defenses are too good. we saw how that has worked out.

florida, the only team that really has a great offense (and its not as good as ou's, and is about the same as tt and tu). its an impossible argument to prove one way or the other. but its funny when teams like ou, and tu have as good or better talent as any in the nation but somehow their defense's suck? or in tu's case, they have loads of talent and the best defensive coord. from the sec.

the sec is head and shoulders better is tired. its simply not true, and they are not the best conference this year. i hate when i hear people tell me all the time (i live in atlanta) that USC would get killed in the sec. i always ask, if they understand that usc has top 5 recruiting class every year. (i am not even a usc fan, but the argument is so beyond absurd) they have as much or more talent as any sec team. this myth that the sec is playing on a totally different level is just plain dumb.

this year it had two great teams. one good team (uga), and a bunch of middle of the road teams.

How about we get rid of any polls until late September. Let what happens on the field sort out before we even rank the teams.

Would probably help a little bit.

I'd love to see a 10 game regular season, with polls coming in at the halfway point, and then 3 weeks of playoffs in a field of 32 or something, like March Madness.

The 2 schedule-padding shitty teams would be out of the schedule and maybe they could have an NIT-style tourney for them as well.

Ya dig?

I'd love to see a 10 game regular season, with polls coming in at the halfway point, and then 3 weeks of playoffs in a field of 32 or something, like March Madness.

The 2 schedule-padding shitty teams would be out of the schedule and maybe they could have an NIT-style tourney for them as well.

Ya dig?

16 or 32 teams is the way to go in a playoff. Eight is far too few because you'd be keeping out any non-BCS conference teams. I like the idea of no more weak non-conference games on the schedule and later polls. I think the one thing I'd add to your idea is requiring conference championship games for every conference. Big 10 and Pac-10 teams have a very unfair advantage without them.

16 or 32 teams is the way to go in a playoff. Eight is far too few because you'd be keeping out any non-BCS conference teams. I like the idea of no more weak non-conference games on the schedule and later polls. I think the one thing I'd add to your idea is requiring conference championship games for every conference. Big 10 and Pac-10 teams have a very unfair advantage without them.

Alright, then it's all settled.

Got tickets to the Champ Sports Bowl to see Florida State play Wisconsin. They better kick some Big 10 ass.

You're going? Sweet! Wisconsin won't be a problem. I'd love to go to the Orange Bowl, but I really don't wanna go to Miami. Having my name in it doesn't even make it cool.

Cannot wait.

Miami is Scum City besides South Beach. Truly an awful, awful place.

You're going? Sweet! Wisconsin won't be a problem. I'd love to go to the Orange Bowl, but I really don't wanna go to Miami. Having my name in it doesn't even make it cool.

But the Orange Bowl is not played in the Orange Bowl (which is truly in a bad part of Miami) anymore.
Its played JoeRobbieProPlayerDolphin Stadium or whatever the hell its called this week.
Thats in Miami Gardens, very northern tip of Miami, no need to stay anywhere near the city, you could spend the time in Ft Lauderdale and its only a 15 minute drive to the game.

But the Orange Bowl is not played in the Orange Bowl (which is truly in a bad part of Miami) anymore.
Its played JoeRobbieProPlayerDolphin Stadium or whatever the hell its called this week.
Thats in Miami Gardens, very northern tip of Miami, no need to stay anywhere near the city, you could spend the time in Ft Lauderdale and its only a 15 minute drive to the game.

O RLY? I didn't know this!!! Thanks for the info! I may have to reconsider. I've never been to a bowl game.

Last time my dad went to the Orange Bowl for the Miami/Florida State game, someone peed in a cup and tried to throw it at him. He didn't go back after that.

Thank God that's been torn down.

Back
Top Bottom