College Basketball 2013-2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
I thought I'd start this season's thread, with an interesting tie-in from the last post of the old thread back in May.

Steve Nash reiterates a few of the points I made, probably more succinctly. (even tho I did call him old lol!)

NCB - Steve Nash on the growth and future of Canadian basketball - ESPN

There's a record 103 Canadians playing D1 basketball this year, many of them in pretty key roles. Growing every year..

7089248.jpg

I realize that IU is not likely to be the team this year that they were last, but I'm still pleased to see them putting up numbers like this.

For the early season, which is always sloppy (and even moreso with the new foul rules), that was some great basketball last night.

I hate those entry passes getting whistled immediately because a forward has his hand on the guy's back. I mean what the fuck?

Hands on the back has always been a foul. They're calling it more, and I'm kinda okay with that part of it. But they were calling fouls for having a guy with a forearm on the back. If they're going to call that a foul, then there's no way to stop a good post player other than to double team.

I mean if it encourages post play again, perhaps it's a good thing... but I just see it as another way of fixing a problem by changing the rule to make it easier rather than actually addressing the root of the issue (bad coaching, AAU, blah blah blah).

I'd just like to give a shout out to the UCF basketball team. thanks for being in town tonight so that I had to work over Thanksgiving break.

Back
Top Bottom