College Basketball 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ouch illinois

It's such a sad situation. Seriously. I've been following this program since I can remember, and what happened yesterday was a new low. Unreal.

Like I said a couple posts ago...I like Bruce Weber...but he needs to go. A change is comin' for the Illini. Let's go.

Thank god it's over.

What a train wreck of a season.

If we go to the NIT, I'll be pissed. This shit needs to be over, there need to be no more games played, and we need to fire Weber and officially start the search for a new coach.

Jesus fucking Christ.

It's such a sad situation. Seriously. I've been following this program since I can remember, and what happened yesterday was a new low. Unreal.

Like I said a couple posts ago...I like Bruce Weber...but he needs to go. A change is comin' for the Illini. Let's go.

I agree. My grandparents live in Champaign, and they've run into Bruce a few times at one of the diners. My grandpa is a huge Illini fan and he says they've gotten into some conversations and that he is an incredibly nice guy. That said, he does need to be replaced.

I had really high hopes for the team this year. On paper, I think this was their best group of players since the title run team. I don't know what happened.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but- assuming Northwestern is out, is the entire state of Illinois going to go unrepresented in the tournament? That ain't right.

Looks like it's a done deal as of this morning. Apparently they might be going after Shaka Smart from VCU, which is intriguing.

I'm just happy the Hawkeyes won a Big10 Tourney game in about 1/2 a decade. Not sure it's gonna last past today though.

The selection committee member guy said they were the last 2nd seed which is what booted them out of the Midwest bracket to the West. In the end it may be the easier path, but still would have been nice to have been closer to home.

They probably should have gotten a one seed. I think the Big12 was the best conference this year, and it really isn't all that close of an argument. But you're right- I think of the 4 one seeds, their best matchup is Michigan State. I actually have them winning that game.

The selection committee member guy said they were the last 2nd seed which is what booted them out of the Midwest bracket to the West. In the end it may be the easier path, but still would have been nice to have been closer to home.
That's strange to me. I was of the understanding that they inverted the 2s based on the rankings of the 1s (i.e. 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6, 4 v 5), making the rankings look like this:

1. Kentucky
2. Syracuse
3. North Carolina
4. Michigan State
5. Mizzou
6. Kansas
7. Ohio State
8. Duke

That's strange to me. I was of the understanding that they inverted the 2s based on the rankings of the 1s (i.e. 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6, 4 v 5), making the rankings look like this:

1. Kentucky
2. Syracuse
3. North Carolina
4. Michigan State
5. Mizzou
6. Kansas
7. Ohio State
8. Duke

they apparently focused more on keeping the higher rated teams in their regions rather than the matchups

seedlist1_1.jpg

My picks this year are the chalkiest they've ever been.

Easily the least amount of first-round upsets I've picked since I started doing this all those years ago.

I hope that BYU will win tonight.... so they can immediately lose the next game.

I still hope they win tonight though.

Just read that Fab Melo is ineligible for the tournament for some reason. Syracuse's path is already the toughest of the one seeds, in my opinion, and this won't help.

You just knew Wisconsin wouldn't be able to find a good shot in those last 10 seconds

Back
Top Bottom