College Basketball 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was in the BJC for that game. I did not rush the court.

In our defense, we hadn't beaten a ranked opponent in two years at the time (aside from the Michigan State game, but none of us were there because it was winter break). I'm not sure if we even won a home game in the Big Ten last season.

And what were you guys, 15th at the time?

Well Danny Ainge did alright though

Haha, that's awesome.

Yeah, BYU players don't exactly have a great history of success in the NBA. (because they're all white)

The next Larry Bird according to Red Auerbach:
michael+smith+3.jpg

i actually had to scout jimmer when he was a senior... his team was playing in the class a public school state championship game and we were going to play the winner in the tournament of champions. he had a rather john starks like performance.

Is this dunking on Jordan John Starks, or 2-for-18 John Starks?

Again I'm not well versed with college basketball but I'd imagine if they could beat Miami and Florida they'd be able to at least go .500 within their division play to this point.

NEW YORK -- College basketball fans will see a whole lot more of the NCAA tournament on TV this March, including during prime time on the first Sunday night, according to a report.

CBS and Turner Sports, in the first year of a joint 14-year, $10.8 billion deal to broadcast the tournament, will announce Thursday that fans will get to see all games in their entirety thanks to staggered tip-off times and expanded coverage in the early rounds, USA Today is reporting.

Games will be seen on CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV, allowing organizers to spread out start times in contrast to the regional coverage offered in years past. CBS executive vic e president Mike Aresco told the paper the plan is to "create nonstop basketball from noon [ET] to midnight."

The tournament is expanding from 65 to 68 teams this year.

yea i'm not crazy over this... i'll wait and see. one of the best things about tournament time is the fury of games all going on at the same time, and the frantic finishes... going to a bar and having all the games on at once... heaven.

now if they just spread it all out all day? meh... the whole idea of getting multiple TV stations to broadcast the games was so that you can flip between games without needing direcTV. but of course, TV ratings and the opportunity to get more commercial time will ruin everything.

So miserable.

14-0.

14-8.

And we were just about to beat Memphis. If it weren't for the buzzer beater 3-pointer. It's funny though, because we lose 7 straight and then almost beat our toughest opponent of the season.

Losing by 1 point on a buzzer beater to our toughest opponent shouldnt feel bad... but this just does.

We lost two games, back-to-back, on the road, against Ohio State (#1 team in the country) and Purdue, in the final seconds, after leading very late in the game.

Four seniors in the starting lineup. I'll never see postseason men's basketball before I graduate.

Nah, I go to Penn State. And I'm from Philly so when I'm not rooting for Penn State I root for Big 5 teams (Villanova, Temple, St. Joe's, LaSalle, Penn).

Back
Top Bottom