College Basketball 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They lost to maine? That's almost as bad as st johns losing to fordham

BC lost to Harvard AND Yale...

Joe Lunardi says UConn played themselves into a 2 seed. That might help them through that first weekend because, yea, they're gonna be totally gassed. 5 games in 5 days, that's nuts...no way those Dyson/Thabeet squads gut through a run like that.

I'm a little annoyed at how they're doing it. What they should do is take the "last 8 in" and have them play each other, and let the small conference champs get in the actual 64. Obviously that was never going to happen, because the BCS conferences rule the world, but the small schools already played their way in.

Our draw is pretty damn interesting. We play a former coach in Round 1, and if we win that we play another former coach (and one of the most hated men in the world amongst Illini fans).

Should be fun. Let's go.

Our draw is pretty damn interesting. We play a former coach in Round 1, and if we win that we play another former coach (and one of the most hated men in the world amongst Illini fans).

Should be fun. Let's go.

That'll be a great R2 game. Though I'm an Illini guy, I'm a big Self fan. :shrug:

Wow, UConn's in the same bracket as Duke and San Diego...shocked they didn't send George Mason west just for shits and giggles.

And not that it's anything new, but I have no idea what criteria the committee used this year. I'm thinking the had maybe 7 at large bids left and just threw a dozen names into a hat and picked.

Anyone watch the Fab Five thing on ESPN?

I grew up watching Michigan basketball, so I'm biased, but I thought it was fantastic. And they didn't gloss over the Ed Martin scandal at all.

Chris Webber threw Martin under the bus and let Steve Fisher hang. Pretty scummy.

I wish he would just talk to the media about it all. The time out, how he took money, everything. Until he does, there is just a black cloud over him that won't go away.

Have you read Mitch Albom's book Fab Five? Outstanding...even more in depth on everything. However, it did not cover the Martin scandal at all. I think it was written well before it all came out.

I also believe Webber would have benefited from another year at Michigan. I always have. But he did have a good NBA career. I just selfishly wanted him to WIN a championship. :)

I wish he would just talk to the media about it all. The time out, how he took money, everything. Until he does, there is just a black cloud over him that won't go away.

Have you read Mitch Albom's book Fab Five? Outstanding...even more in depth on everything. However, it did not cover the Martin scandal at all. I think it was written well before it all came out.

I also believe Webber would have benefited from another year at Michigan. I always have. But he did have a good NBA career. I just selfishly wanted him to WIN a championship. :)

I recognize some of the clips in the documentary from Albom's book; he must have used them as primary sources when he wrote it.

And I agree, there's no reason for Webber not to come completely clean. Ed Martin is dead, and Webber's ass is pretty safe now.

PhilsFan said:
UAB and Clemson made it and you're bitching about Penn State and Tennessee? Seriously?

Clemson didn't beat anybody in the Top 50.

Oh clemson blows too... as does UAB and FSU. Those two just annoyed me off the bat. Five 14 loss teams in the tourney? Five??? And they're complaining about VCU??

How utah state, who's ranked in the top 25, got a 12 seed is beyond me.

And the big 10 got the second most teams? How? Ahhh right, the committee of the chair is a big 10 A.D.

And the way they all wailed about Colorado "zomg they beat K St 3 times! how can you leave them out?!?!" How about their schedule? It sucked. I'd probably have put VaTech in and left UAB out. But Colorado? If you play a lousy schedule and you end up on the bubble expect to get left out.

Unless you can get a Bg 12 AD to chair the committee :wink:

my expert analysis that is most definitely completely over-thought, over-cooked and destined to blow up in my face.

Sweet 16 Teams
Ohio State
Kentucky
Xavier
UNC
Duke
Arizona
UConn
San Diego State
Kansas
Louisville
Purdue