Club Soccer Superthread (BPL, MLS, UEFA CL, etc.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't help but think Ferguson knew they were due a rocky patch with this team. Can you imagine what United would have been like without the addition of Van Persie last season?

There has been some chronic underinvestment in United's midfield for years now. I believe Fellaini is the first central midfielder they have bought since 2007.

It's been coming basically. United's defence got them through the past couple of years, but Rio's now too old and injury prone. Vidic is too injury prone. Smalling and Jones may be good at some point. Evans is erratic. Evra goes from alright to often enough crap. Buttner is pointless.

Midfield, Cleverley I am not sure is ever going to be good enough. Giggs too old. Fellaini headless chicken. Valencia has been crap for ages. Young is one dimensional. Nani is too unreliable. Kagawa probably a bit too lightweight but I don't think has had a fair crack of the whip.

Welbeck works hard but little end product. Van Persie seems to have rediscovered his injury proneness.

These are issues that have existed in the squad for a number of years. On paper the squad hasn't been as good as City's or Chelsea's and now Arsenal's for the past two years.

It was the ultimate poisoned chalice that Moyes took on. It's possibly going to be the equivalent of the Souness era at Liverpool.

b959eb4acd3f790aa80c9665499cfd66.gif

First time listening to Gus Johnson call a soccer match.

He clearly doesn't know much about the teams or players, but the Gusgasm at 94 minutes was worth it.

Another typical outing for Arsenal versus Man City.

Exquisite goal? Check.
Embarrassing marking on a set piece? Check.
Catastrophic injury? Check.

di Maria dominating the entire pitch. WTF is wrong with Real Madrid.

di Maria dominating the entire pitch. WTF is wrong with Real Madrid.

I don't think there was ever a chance that James would outplay Di Maria. What a stupid decision. He was their best player through large chunks of last season.

That was painful. Clattenberg changed the game. That doesn't explain the collapse though.

First of all...SOCCER??
Its football

United failing is great, but i'd rather see Liverpool crash and burn

First of all...SOCCER??
Its football

United failing is great, but i'd rather see Liverpool crash and burn

Let them both get relegated, and Man City or Chel$ea. Rich swines.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

So a guy named Adam Clayton plays as a midfielder for Middlesborough. He scored two penalties in a League Cup tie with Liverpool that ended 2-2, 14-13. Just thought you all should know that.

Great shootout!

Arsenal knocked out by SOTON - what a joke. It was our main chance of a trophy this year.

Arsenal left it late vs Anderlecht. Totally undeserved!
Nice to see Real smash Liverpool.

Anyone see the 8 nil beating Sunderland received vs SOTON? Some quality own goals

In case anyone needs a break from NFL, the MLS cup final between Los Angeles and New England is heading to extra time, 1-1. Penalties if tied after 30 minutes.

So, that Chelsea-PSG game was lovely. Looking forward to overrated English clubs being eliminated in the round-of-16.

Back
Top Bottom