Club Soccer Superthread (BPL, MLS, UEFA CL, etc.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Copa América starting tonight. Really looking forward to it.

It's a wonderful collection of talent, really. Messi, Neymar, James, Jackson Martinez, Tevez, Aguero, Higuain, Sanchez, Vidal, Cuadrado, Falcao, Godin, Coutinho, Cavani. And the list continues.

Argentina and Chile are the favorites, in my opinion. Sampaoli's crazy pressing style will shine in front of their crowd. Colombia is very strong (I mean, Cuadrado-James-Martinez-Falcao is a wonderful attack, if they play together). Brazil is testing its team still, so not sure what to expect. Dunga has put together a tactically organized and defensively solid team, as expected, and Brazil has the second best player in the tournament, but 4 players from the starting squad are injured. Uruguay will miss Suarez, but they are so good in Copa that I'm sure they'll be dangerous. Ecuador have a good team too. Exciting times.

So, this happened at Copa America last night. Warning: NSFW.

original.jpg

:sad: I can't believe it. Gonna miss seeing him play.

Van Gaal is really collecting players he's worked with previously. Still wondering what the heck happened between him and Van Persie though.

Really? You wonder? Its called Ego's clashing. LvG and van Persie's couldn't possibly fit in one room. I'm surprised they lasted a season.

Did not see that move from Schweinsteiger coming either. Love that guy. Classy.

I guess they lasted then because van Persie was in shape during the WC after that, unfortunately for him it all went downhill at ManU and during the Euroqualifiers.

Thats when shit hits the fan. RvP is not easy to wrok with, neither is van gaal.
I remember the story about van Gaal going apeshit and dropping his pants in Bayern Muchens dressingroom, to tell the players to grow some balls. :lmao:

Really curious about the Coutinho-Firmino pairing. Two of my favorite players in all of football.

Holy crap is anyone else here watchign PSV ManU?

Shaw just fell down after a tackle and broke his leg in a horrible way. :yikes: I accidentally saw the repeat of the moment, it looked horrible! He's being wheeled off to the hospital right away.

This has to be the best English Premier League season this century. Some of the filthy rich usuals languishing mid-table and looking atrocious. Leicester and to a lesser extent Southampton, Tottenham and Watford all surprising us all, and the cherries have shown far more bite than many anticipated.

Meanwhile, the Bundesliga, Ligue 1 have been utterly miserable in terms of competitiveness for the title, and the size of some of Real Madrid and Barcelona's wins over other La Liga sides have been shameful. Thankfully Atletico are keeping them in check.

Serie A has been very good as well, just hoping that Frosinone and Carpi can stay up (and also my blues of Sampdoria).

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Lots of schadenfreude over the last 24 hours with Argentina/Messi missing a penalty/Spain being totally dominated/England being totally embarrassed (again).

Back
Top Bottom