Club Soccer Superthread (BPL, MLS, UEFA CL, etc.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I don't think he'll be anywhere near countries that will hand him over to the US..

Here's the list of where we could go to:

Extradition law in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Afghanistan
Algeria
Andorra
Angola
Armenia
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Belarus
Botswana
Brunei
Burkina Faso
Burma
Burundi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Cape Verde
Central African Republic
Chad
China (except Hong Kong)
Comoros
Congo (Kinshasa)
Djibouti
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Ethiopia
Gabon
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Indonesia
Ivory Coast
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Laos
Lebanon
Libya
Madagascar
Maldives
Mali
Marshall Islands
Mauritania
Micronesia
Moldova
Mongolia
Morocco
Mozambique
Namibia
Nepal
Niger
Oman
Qatar
Russia
Rwanda
Samoa
São Tomé & Príncipe
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Somalia
Sudan
South Sudan
Syria
Togo
Tunisia
Uganda
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
Uzbekistan
Vanuatu
Vatican City
Vietnam
Yemen

Russia in the summer, Qatar in the winter?

Let's not forget, though, that Platini is probably just as bad as Blatter, and has clearly been playing politics here (with UEFA's support). He was the main champion of Qatar 2022 (hoping, I assume, to be elected FIFA President).

What a way to finish.

Now time to get ready for one of the strongest Copa Américas in recent memory.

That was a great final. Too bad for Juventus. I would have liked for them to win. Barca is easily the best side in the world again. I still don't like them but I can appreciate the genius.

Must be hard on Evra. This was his fifth final and he's only wone one, losing three finals to Barca.

I'm not sure if they're more effective but they're definitely more fun to watch.

I just simply don't know how you compete when they take the beat scorer in the Premiership and he's the third best offensive player on the team.

I do wonder though if Suarez will act out a little more next year. He knew he had to be on his best behavior this season.

Alas... Only way it appears Barca will be beaten is from within.

Let's not forget, though, that Platini is probably just as bad as Blatter, and has clearly been playing politics here (with UEFA's support). He was the main champion of Qatar 2022 (hoping, I assume, to be elected FIFA President).

Platini is abysmal. His support for Qatar 2022 boils down to Sarkozy, who had business interests in Qatar that Platini was looking out for. Platini is avoidable at any cost.

Blatter on the other hand, didn't really want a Qatar World Cup at all. Not only did he think that they weren't suitable, but at the time it primed Bin Hamman for a realistic shot at the FiFA presidency. Blatter then contrived to destroy Bin Hamman since Qatar "won" the hosting rights back in '10. It worked, but his actions and blunders have destroyed him as well.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

To be fair, have you seen Germany's lineup? :wink: Now compare that list to the ones that played the WC final.

Schweinsteiger and Ozil were there, yea.

Part of the point of friendlies is to try to figure out the roster for the future, right? Guys like Gundogan and Herrmann absolutely should be in the mix for the 2018 starting XI for Germany.

Germany's problems were in the back. Obviously missing Boateng and Hummels hurts, but you do need to replace Lahm and Howedes.

Part of the point of friendlies is to try to figure out the roster for the future, right? Guys like Gundogan and Herrmann absolutely should be in the mix for the 2018 starting XI for Germany.

Germany's problems were in the back. Obviously missing Boateng and Hummels hurts, but you do need to replace Lahm and Howedes.

Absolutely, that's why they tried out all the new guys. But I was just saying that you cannot compare the World Cup winners with the new team. Especially because of what you just said, there's new young players that need to get used to the team, players that left a wide gap because they were of great importance to the team. :) And I agree on Gundogan, BVB is a great team and he's a great player. Did Howedes quit the national team as well?

Another example for this is the Dutch. They're struggling so bad to even qualify for the EC2016, especially the defense is a major problem. The big guy we had during the WC has been injured most of this year and it shows badly. That you can go from 3-1 to 3-4 in 20 minutes is pretty damn horrible. At least it was just a friendly match. I still have hope that it motivated them to give it their all on sunday for the qualifier match.

The US didn't have their #1 team on the field, either.

Was a great week for the US national team. Certainly doesn't mean we're winning the World Cup anytime soon, but when you can beat a World Cup semifinalist and the defending champs on their own turf in the same week, it's certainly nothing to sneeze at.

The future seems bright... at last.

Back
Top Bottom