Club Soccer Superthread (BPL, MLS, UEFA CL, etc.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean...

WelllitMadeupGreyhounddog.gif

Carpi and Frosinone (almost) in Serie A next year. Great stories to add to Bournemouth in England and little Eibar in La Liga

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

That match was amazing. I still enjoyed whilst rooting for Bayern (though I didn't care too much)!

Dammn man, Bayern lost to Messi. They were doing a good job holding back Neymar and Suarez and Neuer was being his usual amazing self... And Messi owned Bayern within a few minutes. It was a good match to watch though. Ah well, if Bayern doesn't advance, I'm rooting for Barca.

TBH anything to not make the ronaldo show win the cup again. Yuuuugh.

Barcelona just clenched the La Liga title this weekend and are on track to complete their second "treble" winning season in the club's history. Exciting times for all Barca fans!

Until Messi can do it on a cold and frosty night vs Stoke or Hull Ron is the man!

He was amazing in the Premiership for Utd.

Rather than using a phrase already coined by Andy Gray, give us some of your own thoughts on the matter.

Top English Premier League TV pundit and journalist Andy Gray has sensationally remarked that Barcelona’s World Player of the Year Lionel Messi would struggle to cope with the rigours of the English Premier League, and believes he could not cut it away at Stoke City.

The Sky Sports host, who enjoyed spells with Aston Villa and Everton during his playing career, was discussing the 2010 Ballon d’Or nominees during Monday evening’s broadcast of Manchester City versus Everton.

When asked by co-presenter Richard Keys whether he felt Messi and Real Madrid rival Cristiano Ronaldo would be capable of scoring so prolifically in England, Gray stated his belief that the Argentine would "struggle in a cold night at the Britiannia Stadium", referring to the home of top-flight side Stoke City. He added that "Barcelona would struggle in the EPL as they've never played the likes of Stoke."

The 55-year-old also claimed that La Liga, when compared to its English equivalent, did not have the same depth of quality, hinting that Ronaldo and Messi would labour to score as consistently, despite the former scoring 31 goals in 34 matches for Manchester United in the 2007-08 season.

Furthermore, on Ronaldo, Gray criticised the decision to omit the Portuguese from the final of the Ballon d’Or, but added that he "would not be the player that he is today had he not played in English football".

Until Messi can do it on a cold and frosty night vs Stoke or Hull Ron is the man!

He was amazing in the Premiership for Utd.

Messi has done it on so many other occasions, and he's actually a great teamplayer, making the teams he works with better and better.

Messi >>>>>> Ronaldo.

Can't wait for the CL final. :D We were watching the Juve semifinal with about 100 people as we had a sporting event. The cheers when the goals fell were deafening!

Rather than using a phrase already coined by Andy Gray, give us some of your own thoughts on the matter.

Top English Premier League TV pundit and journalist Andy Gray has sensationally remarked that Barcelona’s World Player of the Year Lionel Messi would struggle to cope with the rigours of the English Premier League, and believes he could not cut it away at Stoke City.

The Sky Sports host, who enjoyed spells with Aston Villa and Everton during his playing career, was discussing the 2010 Ballon d’Or nominees during Monday evening’s broadcast of Manchester City versus Everton.

When asked by co-presenter Richard Keys whether he felt Messi and Real Madrid rival Cristiano Ronaldo would be capable of scoring so prolifically in England, Gray stated his belief that the Argentine would "struggle in a cold night at the Britiannia Stadium", referring to the home of top-flight side Stoke City. He added that "Barcelona would struggle in the EPL as they've never played the likes of Stoke."

The 55-year-old also claimed that La Liga, when compared to its English equivalent, did not have the same depth of quality, hinting that Ronaldo and Messi would labour to score as consistently, despite the former scoring 31 goals in 34 matches for Manchester United in the 2007-08 season.

Furthermore, on Ronaldo, Gray criticised the decision to omit the Portuguese from the final of the Ballon d’Or, but added that he "would not be the player that he is today had he not played in English football".

I gawt huh numbah. How d'ya like dem apples?

FC Barcelona celebrated their 23rd La Liga title on Saturday and payed tribute to Spain's greatest player - Xavi Hernandez who has made a significant contribution to 25 major trophies for club and country including Spain's World Cup 2010 campaign when Xavi played every minute of every match. He is truly a legend.

11225257_10153493023964305_1949823261694064935_n.jpg

11255762_10153493003299305_8529853779204731293_n.jpg

Cheers.

Ha. That was so great. Good job, FBI. I'm particularly happy they've arrested the vice-president of the Brazilian federation. Now if only the Brazilian police could arrest the President, we'd be on the right track.

Yeah, I'm curious what's gonna happen next. It cannot be just hushed and shrugged off this time... right?

Also Europa League final tonight, what a GREAT game! Both Dnipro and Sevilla are going at it, first half and already 2-2. Very exciting to watch! :D

Yeah, I'm curious what's gonna happen next. It cannot be just hushed and shrugged off this time... right?

Also Europa League final tonight, what a GREAT game! Both Dnipro and Sevilla are going at it, first half and already 2-2. Very exciting to watch! :D

Fantastic final! 3-2 Sevilla wins back to back UEFA Europa League trophy's for the second time in ten years. Sevilla won it in 2006 and 2007 and now 2014 and 2015. Pretty impressive stat.

Recently a new rule was introduced giving the winner of the UEFA Europa League automatic qualification into next year's Champions League competition. As it stands now, Spain will have 5 clubs in the group stage come next season.

The Spanish are tearing it up in Europe recently. Last years Champions and Europa finals were both won by Spanish clubs and if Barcelona take the match in Berlin June 6th, that will make back-to-back all Spanish Champions.

No matter what you think of La Liga, you have to admit that the Spanish are ever present right now. According to UEFA's Football League Standings, La Liga has been ranked #1 in Europe.

:heart:

Yeah, gee, I wonder how that happened...

Maybe, one day, the UEFA will rule that only clubs that are financially healthy can take part in the CL and EL competitions. I wonder how many Spanish clubs would be left, if any...or English for that matter.

I expect Blatter's first decision in his new term will be to take away one World Cup spot from South America and give it to Oceania. Which will royally suck.

Edit: technically, it's not one, but 0.5 spot.

This is just beyond ridiculous. Let's hope the FBI finds something on Blatter as well or FIFA will remain a disgrace for at least another four years.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Sepp.

Next on his to do list: move to a country with no extradition treaty with the US.

:corn: So this has been a rather interesting turn of events... did the ground get too hot after his loving assistant was arrested this morning?

Now it'll be interesting who will apply for the new elections. Will it be van Praag vs Figo vs Prince Ali? Or will there be new people now that king Blatter's gone.

So will he show up to the women's world cup? I'm not sure if he shows up at the opening matches...but he always goes to hand out the trophy to the winner.

They could arrest him on the field if they get more info! I'm sure they'd wait until he was entering or leaving the stadium though before getting him. Doubt he shows up.

Back
Top Bottom