Club Soccer Superthread (BPL, MLS, UEFA CL, etc.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He was a liability at Melbourne Heart when he played down here before moving over to New York.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Champions League Draw Quarter-Finals:

Paris Saint-Germain vs Barcelona

Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid

Porto vs Bayern Munchen

Juventus vs Monaco

A few months ago United blows that game. Peaking at the right time

United have a more challenging fixture list for the remainder of the season. LFC could catch and pass.

As far as today's football matches go, I look at them like a rock concert. LFC vs MUFC was the opening act with the El Clasico of Barcalona vs Real Madrid being the headliner. The El Clasico generally draws between 400-600 million viewers worldwide! That is far more than The Superbowl. It is truly a "World Event" just like the "World Cup Final". The Barcelona Trident of Suarez, Neymar and Messi really are the greatest front line in the world today and I can't think of any other squad that can beat that.

820668-LALIGAWEB-1421069767-920-640x480.jpg

United have a more challenging fixture list for the remainder of the season. LFC could catch and pass.

Both play Chelsea away.

Other than that... United have City and Arsenal left on the schedule, both at home.

Liverpool has to to to Arsenal next in 2 weeks, while United are home for Villa.

So of course anything can happen, but I think it's more likely that Liverpool will be 8 back in 2 weeks than it is that they catch and pass United, especially if United keep up their current form.

If anything, if United keep this up they have a better shot at finishing second than they do fifth.

Surprisingly not-completely-miserable sportsmanship in El Clasico today. Ref did a good job of carding the stuff that affected the game and letting all the stupid stuff go by.

Barca 2.0 scored off a set piece and a long ball. I'm still getting used to living on this new planet.

Apparently Rio Ferdinand's wife passed away yesterday. Cancer sucks.

Had a quick look at the Championship table, and I had no idea what a bloodbath that league is. It was just a few years ago that Blackpool was in the Premiership and Wigan won the FA Cup, and they're both dropping to League One.

Chelsea coronation in the offing. Despite what anyone will say, this will be the first time in 8 years a team has won the premier league while making a profit on transfers and wages.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Had a quick look at the Championship table, and I had no idea what a bloodbath that league is. It was just a few years ago that Blackpool was in the Premiership and Wigan won the FA Cup, and they're both dropping to League One.

It's so much more compelling and exciting that the top flight where the same old boring teams battle it out at the end of the season. A fantastic league.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Back
Top Bottom