Club Soccer Superthread (BPL, MLS, UEFA CL, etc.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahahahaha wow.

Nothing like getting a great underdog victory and an embarrassing England defeat at the same time. Two of the best things in sport.

Absolutely cracking tournament so far. My two favourite European nations Belgium v Wales, Saturday morning... And Germany v Italy will be excellent,

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Because 2016 couldn't get any worse, one of the best soccer stories of the year - Chapecoense's run to the South American Cup championship - ends up in a tragic plane crash. So fucking awful.

I had just watched them play this past Sunday, as they happened to face Palmeiras during the game that sealed their (Palmeiras) Brazilian league win. It's such a likeable team.

The plane that crashed was the same one used to take the Argentinian national team to Brazil a couple of weeks ago for their World Cup qualifier against Brazil, by the way.

Chapecoense's opponent in what would have been the South American Cup final, Atletico Nacional, has been incredibly gracious. Its players have asked for the South American Confederation to proclaim the team as champions.

I'm really heartbroken over this story.

28 years ago

This happened

[youtube]4SdGtCWrvlo[/youtube]

Part 1
[youtube]esyxX0iVnYc[/youtube]

Part 2
[youtube]Am6vmX9SuOY[/youtube]

Part 3
[youtube]y0DhCN43wSc[/youtube]

Warning, EXTREMELY GRAPHIC IMAGES

"I heard the crowd say 'WE WANT ZLATAN, WE WANT ZLATAN'. So I gave them Zlatan."

Liverpool superb today on the opening day of the Premier League season. Going to be a belter of a season if City and Klopp's men can sustain their levels over the next 9 months.

Back
Top Bottom