Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's frozen for me there... so I've been looking at Bigfooty for updates (I spy a Vlad! Creepy!).

I've been supporting the Crows as if they were my own team tonight, really thought they could take this. About the worst second half you could ask for from a side.

Every where I look seems to be all fucked up. On the main page it says it's 71 up 0:00 4th Quarter. On the game's page, it says it's 71-59 Adelaide 13:00 in. On Fox Sport's site it says it's 71-78 Ess with 8 minutes to go.

About the worst team in the history of the football club you could ask for.

Can't wait until Craig is gone.

About the worst team in the history of the football club you could ask for.

Can't wait until Craig is gone.

If there's one thing I've learned this year, things can change really fast. So best of luck to you guys for the rest of the year, and hopefully you'll win a few more in the next.

If there's one thing I've learned this year, things can change really fast. So best of luck to you guys for the rest of the year, and hopefully you'll win a few more in the next.

I'd rather forfeit the rest of the year to be honest!

Right back atcha, tiger!

Rawr.

creepy-tiger-costume.jpg

Apparently Craig slammed the phone down and stormed out of the box after the game. Getting closer to his resignation. :up:

They'll try and drive him out of town until they realise he's actually from town.

I have had many a dream of putting a 10m high wall around Elizabeth, as cruel as it may seem.

We switched it off midway thru the second and put a hip hop DVD instead. Crows were dominating. :sigh:

Alwyn Davey will hopefully be out for at least a month after that tunnelling incident in the first term. Dog.

Enjoy the win Axver wherever you are!

Haha. I was asleep thanks to the wonder of timezones/being old and feeble. Judging by that miserable first half, I'm glad I didn't stay up to at least follow the beginning! I was terrified we'd somehow blow this after two good wins. Bit nervous about facing Carlton next week ... our crappy first quarters seem to have returned.

Alwyn Davey will hopefully be out for at least a month after that tunnelling incident in the first term. Dog.

What happened? Charlotte's quite fond of him! :lol:

Oh, and so much of lulz at the Heath Shaw, et al. betting thing.

The afl want to make an example of him? Fucking suspend him for the finals as well you fuckwits. I don't understand this league, they cannot be consistent with anything.

That said I'll be putting $20 Maxwell to kick the first goal next week, he's a shaw thing!

Oh wow, I thought it was all over for Essendon when I checked the score in the third quarter, it was 62 - 23 or something.

From the phone-slamming incident, it sounds more like the Crows coach was getting ready to murder some of his crappy players...!

Also, I love this headline for an article on the AFL site:

"Injuries hurt us, concedes Craig"

I know what it means, but... :giggle: No, really? Next thing he'll be saying that gravity keeps us on the ground...

The afl want to make an example of him? Fucking suspend him for the finals as well you fuckwits. I don't understand this league, they cannot be consistent with anything.

That said I'll be putting $20 Maxwell to kick the first goal next week, he's a shaw thing!

I thought it was Collingwood who suspended him... guess I was wrong.

I can't understand why Maxwell was fined. From the sounds of it he was sitting around the dinner table with his family and said, "Mick's actually starting me in the forward line this week". $10k? Get fucked.

I was gonna put money Maxwell this week, but I'm not 100% shaw.

What happened? Charlotte's quite fond of him! :lol:

Matt Jaensch went up for a mark and Davey sort of ran into his lower body, which is called tunnelling, and he landed on the ground injuring his shoulder.

So Maxwell can't talk about his job with his family? Don't really understand why he was fined. If one of these family members decides to use this information to place a bet, that's just a fruit of their fortunate circumstance as a footballer's relative. There's more dubious activity going on in horse racing, and not just the animal exploitation.

Anyway, it's a boring issue. More interesting is the big St Kilda vs West Coast match tonight. Should be a cracker.

Carlton was within 4 until I started actively paying attention.

Gold Coast is looking good, but the other half of the game looms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom