Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonnie - 8/76 - time to give up your dreams and become a professional tipster
cobl04 - 7/73
vlad - 5/72
inte - 6/70
axver - 6/69
danny - 7/69

Hawthorn - please god, let us have one Hawthorn/Essendon game pass without that fucking "line in the sand" quote
Western Bulldogs
Richmond
Collingwood
Fremantle
Geelong
Carlton
North Melborune

On the footy show street talk, just now there were two kids, from Ballarat, looked about 16, and they had a kid, and the father had it's name tattooed on his neck: Zacodian, or some shit.

All his impressions are funnier than just about anything Australian TV has produced since.

If I could name one highlight... I wouldn't, I'd list them all.

How about that fuckwit that went up to Sam and did the Smouse thing from Angry Boys? And Sam was like, oh yeah, that's the Chris Lilley show, right? And the bloke was like... .............................who?.......smouse!..........hey nathan!

Now I finally realise why Bonnie and Ax hate the show.,

You know what? Fuck it, I'll make some picks, why not?

Hawthorne
Western
Melbourne
Collingwood
Brisbane
Geelong
West Coast
Port

And none of those picks are because of homerism or bitterness towards my significant other at all, I fully stand behind them.

Hawthorn
Western
Melbourne
Collingwood
Freo
Geelong
Carlton
North Melbourne

I don't think Port is as awful as their record indicates, but they're not up to beating a lukewarm team either.

Below Gold Coast? Fuck no. I've seldom seen such an inept team. I realize they beat Port by 3, but Port played an alright game against West Coast and soundly defeated Richmond not too long ago. They're crap, but like Bonnie said the other day, I almost kind of see some potential in them.

Brisbane sucks too, but I can't see them placing lower than 15th. I assume their injuries will get ironed out before they drop further than they are today.

They're not bad for a brand new team. Comfortably higher than Port potential wise.

This is true. Just, based on their percentage, it's pretty clear that they're the worst team right now, which is all I'm arguing.

Playing Western at home could give them a shot at catching Adelaide though. :wink:

That's what I'm talking about. Port may have been better last week but the margin flattered them and just two rounds ago GC put up a bigger fight at the same ground. Their potential for success is infinitely higher at this stage than Port. For the record I do think GC will finish last but Port cannot be discounted for the spoon. Brisbane are in arguably the worst form at the moment. I've grown up breathing the sport (though I never played it, something I'll always regret) so I know what I'm talking about.

Promise is what separates GC & Port.

I've grown up breathing the sport (though I never played it, something I'll always regret) so I know what I'm talking about.

Oh, don't think for a moment that I have any idea what I'm talking about. Just throwing out my observations, which are limited to radio broadcasts and reactionary news clippings.

LemonMelon said:
Oh, don't think for a moment that I have any idea what I'm talking about. Just throwing out my observations, which are limited to radio broadcasts and reactionary news clippings.

Not a personal attack on you... I really, really love the fact you and Ashley are getting into the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom