Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles were insipid today.

Eh, we had them playing their best footy at their home ground that we hadn't played on all year, I'm pretty happy to "only" lose by 50. Last year, we'd have lost by over 100 without them even trying. Never thought we'd get within a sniff anyway, shows what the media gets for hyping us and the Tiges over the week. :)

I fell asleep during the third quarter, but I definitely was enjoying the hell out of the Brisbane game. Was the first one I had the opportunity to follow live, and it was quite the nail biter during the time I was awake.

Fucking Hawthorne. I'm more irritated than I assumed I would be that they passed us up. Truly believe that Carlton is the 3rd best team in the league, having lost to Collingwood and Geelong (barely; hell of a game) and tied Essendon, who I believe we play again at home later in the year. Oh well, we've got Hawthorne at home to close the season, so we'll have our chance. Not that it will likely matter a great deal at that point. Pretty obvious who the top 5 or so teams are right now, though the top 8 has hardly formed itself.

Context clues, Vladders.

bar·rack 2 (brk)
v. bar·racked, bar·rack·ing, bar·racks
v.intr.
1. Chiefly British To jeer or shout at a player, speaker, or team.
2. Australian To shout support for a team.
v.tr. Chiefly British
To shout against; jeer at.

I like how the British and Australian uses of the phrase are exact opposites.

Depends which Collingwood turns up really. I haven't seen any of the West Coast game, so can't really say. But they have been ordinary since whoever we played before Geelong....frick who was it?

Context clues, Vladders.

bar·rack 2 (brk)
v. bar·racked, bar·rack·ing, bar·racks
v.intr.
1. Chiefly British To jeer or shout at a player, speaker, or team.
2. Australian To shout support for a team.
v.tr. Chiefly British
To shout against; jeer at.

I like how the British and Australian uses of the phrase are exact opposites.

Yeah, I know that, but what is 'barrick'?

:uhoh:

Seriously, what the hell happened? You guys were awesome going into the 2009 finals. Even I was cheering for the Crows then.

:(

I don't know. Last year it was a shit preseason, this season is a mix of sorts such as injuries/game plan/effort. :sigh:

I don't think I've ever felt this worried about my team before. My usual optimism is not re-emerging mid-week anymore, and if it, it's barely surfacing. :|

a8205633.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom