Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong
Draw (I can't bring myself to tip either)
Freo
North
Essendon
Collingwood
Hawthorn
West Coast

Carlton vs Geelong
St Kilda vs Melbourne
Port vs Freo
Lions vs North
Richmond vs Essendon
Collingwood vs Sorry Vlad
Sydney vs Hawthorn
West Coast vs Bulldogs

Don't apologise to me, I don't expect to get close to winning by a long shot. :lol:

:up:

A lot of the old stuff he talks about is still in the SANFL to an extent, and I imagine the other state leagues. I was surprised by how much I was enjoying watching the Eagles/Centrals game on the weekend compared to the AFL matches, not that it was a particularly good game, but it was more flowing, more traditional. No boring ass strategies and invasive rules. I've no doubt that country footy is even better still.

Fact is, AFL was better ten-fifteen years ago. Not even looking through rose-tinted glasses or anything, I've been watching older footage, and it's there. That's the game I grew up loving, not whatever the hell it's turning into now.

Yeah. I don't necessarily buy into this "go back to the 70s type thing", because surely the game is better to watch now in terms of skills. A lot of players from bygone eras wouldn't have a chance of bring drafted today. But country footy, at least good country footy - cos the bad stuff is disgusting to watch - can be great. Better contests, no subs/continual interchange, scuffles, big grabs.

Geelong
Melbourne (Hopefully)
Freo - Usually play AAMI alright. Plus Port suck
Brisbane - They gotta win this one, Brown is back.
Richmond (hopefully)
Collingwood - Should win by plenty if they put time into Adelaide, if we turn up and play as bad as last week it could be very close
Sydney - Just cause I think Hawthron are overrated, and Swans love the SCG.
West Coast - Should be too good at home. Despite the dogs having some good form last week.

Picking Richmond against 3rd on the ladder? That's bold.

Admittedly, this is one of those games where I have somewhat divided loyalties. I want Essendon to win, but I'd be pretty happy for the Tigers if they got up.

Hows that fence your sitting on there ax?

I think Richmond are a good chance this week, I've picked them just to try and get some roughies at work tipping. Essendon are the likely victor though.

Haha, the fence is lonely, because I've hopped off and - if the game's on telly - I'll definitely be barracking for Essendon to win.

But like I say, if the result goes the other way, it'd be hard to be unhappy. Maybe I'd skip to the other side of the fence for a few minutes or something.

Geelong
St Kilda (no Jamar factor)
Sydney
North Melbourne
Essendon (dunno why. It's obviously not my preferred result, and the lack of Watson means that they've lost their outright best player. And no Hocking - whoever he is)
Fremantle (big game from Pav)
Carringbush
West Coast (should be at the WACA ground for old time's sake)

Well thanks television for deciding you've got "weak reception" for no readily apparent reason and denying me tonight's game.

There have been too many thrilling games this season. That was fantastic.

Interf app spoiled it for me before I could watch the rerun on ESPN 3. Now I'm positive it'll be a good one. :wink:

Damn, sounds like I missed a great game last night. I was at a 21st, and we were reminiscing about high school. I was in tears. I'd go back in a heartbeat I reckon. "Uni the best years of your life" is just the biggest joke I've ever heard.

I love Travis Varcoe Black Judd.

Oh god, the last place I ever want to see again in my life is high school. Fucking hated it. Intellectually stifling and full of boorish clowns.

Really? Crap TV? :wink:

It has worked only two nights this week. Rest of the time, every channel is "weak reception" or "bad/no signal". I have no idea why. :sigh:

Did you enjoy the match, Traviud? (assuming you've seen the replay already)

From what I'm hearing, Folau is actually developing pretty well for GWS, he has kicked 4 goals wherever he's playing now. Might make a STRONG1!1!1!! forward.

Have to laugh at the media who are going mad over the fact that Taylor Walker was drinking beer with his mates at the Port game.

And the CH10 news update, "Crows forward spotted drinking what appears to be beer at the Port Adelaide game". :laugh: Oh god, the media are pathetic.

On BigFooty the AFC site member said that it was basically a non-issue. He was there to watch his Broken Hill mates play in the curtain raiser and to have a beer with them after they had finished. I'm hearing that Fox Sports are peddling this "issue" into the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom