Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching that seriously made me happy. A simply great moment and it really did seem to feel like a 'eureka!' moment. Hope he and Folau succeed. :up:
they'll both be abject failures, but holy shit did kunty get some air on that kick.

although if the nrl were to poach an afl kid and he didn't score a try for a half a season the melbourne media would cream itself.

Just trying to take notice of how I pronounce Geelong, for the record. It is actually close to "Gee-long", but with absolutely no pause between the syllables. Like, in between Ji and Jee. This is starting to not make sense. I hope you understand.

Also nice one Port.

Except no AFL kid would ever want to play NRL. :wink:

From what I've heard of late, Folau's been given much time up forward and he has been kicking goals. I reckon there's a possibility that he'd make a good forward. Too far away to make such predictions though.

Just been reading up on GWS and the Sydney Showground redevelopment, which I hadn't heard much of previously.

Lastly, how good is Metricon Stadium? Very attractive stadium that. :up:

Except no AFL kid would ever want to play NRL. :wink:

the nrl salary cap is due to double on the next tv deal. afl kids will be useless in the nrl, so poaching them would be a waste of time*, but for cash i wouldn't write it off.

Totally dreaming for a moment here, but how nice would it be to see NRL converts spark a new FF-is-King era?

lol. if the nrl cap goes up it's like the wwf.

i just hope it doesn't end up like rugby union in the early 2000s, where they'd sign whoever got them a bit of exposure - and look what happened. mat rogers became the face of the titans, wendell sailor became a smug dragon and lote became an acceptable tigers winger.

code switching is a fail. the only cunt i'd pay overs for is sonny bill, and he's a wanker. so yeah.

Richmond, what happened! This was your chance to march into the eight!

:(

Vlad n U 2 said:
They only wanted to be ninth. :(

Exactly, that's where we belong :) if we win every week, this dream won't be realised and we'll end up something like 5th or 6th, which is impossible to even comprehend!

Seriously, though. I knew this would be a danger game. Why the fuck do we have to play these matches in Darwin and Cairns? Port Power have played here yearly for the past 4 or 5 consecutive seasons, usually against Footscray. It better be for this season only, a one off, to assist in demolishing our debt.

Wait, you're going to play in Cairns as well? They have a sizeable stadium there?

Fuck we're shitarse. Decided to turn up against the top teams and roll over against the duds.

I'm ashamed to be a supporter of this team, I really am. Need a new fucking coach, badly.

He teases by looking weak and twiggy but then smashes everyone in the contested ball. :(

Yeah, definitely a depressing round of footy. Eagles were insipid today. But hey, good on the Lions at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom