Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 01:45 AM   #106
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:58 AM
OH! I'm so used to seeing the clock count down that when I saw Q4 00:00 I thought the game was over.

Jeez, Vlad, that fucking sucks, I'm sorry.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #107
The Male

Before the half:

"So, uh, guys, we're actually playing a legitimate game with Sydney. It would be nice if you pulled your heads out of your asses and win this so we can pass up Carlton and piss off Traviud."

"Uh, ok."

Soon:

Now.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:53 AM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Jeez, Vlad, that fucking sucks, I'm sorry.
It does. I'm still devastated. It happens ALL THE TIME against this team. We've always maintained winnable leads against them, and ON EVERY OCCASION we have coughed the shit up and let them win. I don't care if Collingwood are fucking first on the ladder, I don't care if we're 12th on the ladder and we were one of the few to challenge the premiers this year. The result was fucking unacceptable and no dominant first and second quarters can take away from this ugly fact.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:55 AM   #109
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm confused. It looks like Adelaide did horrible in the first quarter, are you saying otherwise? I'm even more confused because when I looked at the score (when I thought the game was over and was actually the beginning of Q4) it said it was 67-91 or thereabouts. But the scoring I'm seeing would indicate that Adelaide destroyed in the 4th. Am I reading this wrong?
Old 05-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #110
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:58 PM
Great game by Adelaide and Collingwood! Krakouer's mark was incredible!

But RICHMOND!! feels good!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:58 AM   #111
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I'm confused. It looks like Adelaide did horrible in the first quarter, are you saying otherwise? I'm even more confused because when I looked at the score (when I thought the game was over and was actually the beginning of Q4) it said it was 67-91 or thereabouts. But the scoring I'm seeing would indicate that Adelaide destroyed in the 4th. Am I reading this wrong?
We dominated the first half, lost the third, kicked the first 2 in the fourth and Collingwood piled on an avalanche, right when I was starting to believe we were safe.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:00 AM   #112
Blue Crack Distributor

OH , I see what it's doing now. It doesn't count individual stats per quarter, it adds them together as the game progresses. :idiot:
Old 05-22-2011, 02:05 AM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

I swear I'm too emotionally invested in my team.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:08 AM   #114
Blue Crack Distributor

It happens. I'll never forget some of the reactions I've had when my teams have lost big/important games. Usually tears.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:22 AM   #115
Blue Crack Addict

I used to be able to cry after these things when I was younger. Today I can't gather the tears, just frustration and anger and bewilderment.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:47 AM   #116
Vocal parasite

I don't think I've ever cried about sport, just been incredibly angry and disappointed. Worst was the quarter final of the 2007 Rugby World Cup.

As I said in the Superthread, holy fuck what did Collingwood DO in the final quarter! 11.3, fuck, poor Crows. Really wish they'd managed to fend off the assault and win, rather than getting pummelled like that.

Glad to see the Hawks out to a big lead over Sydney.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-22-2011, 03:15 AM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04
I'd go back in a heartbeat I reckon. "Uni the best years of your life" is just the biggest joke I've ever heard.
Freshman yeah? Uni will get better, as long as you allow it to and make the most of these next few years. Stay single, and never hesitate to attend social events, parties, balls etc. I felt the same way when I started uni, but had a blast in my final two years. You lose and yearn for the high school community, which you only really come to appreciate in Year 11/12. But you can build a new community in uni.

Great win to the Tigers in a dour game for the most part. But what we saw was Richmond's superior midfield destroying Essendon. Slick ball movement that will spell trouble for opposition sides in years to come. Watson missing is a huge loss for Essendon. Not a one man team, but he is the heart of the Essendon game.

Adelaide, you frustrate me. Ugh, such an opportunity lost
Old 05-22-2011, 03:18 AM   #118
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
Adelaide, you frustrate me. Ugh, such an opportunity lost
Tell me about it.

At the very least I hope we inflict our first half onto Brisbane next week (sorry, Ashley).
Old 05-22-2011, 04:12 AM   #119
45:33

18 goals in the second half for Collingwood. I'm not as passionately/emotionally invested about Geelong now as I was at your age vlad, so I understand you being shattered but when I checked the final scores I did have a pretty good laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine

Freshman yeah? Uni will get better, as long as you allow it to and make the most of these next few years. Stay single, and never hesitate to attend social events, parties, balls etc. I felt the same way when I started uni, but had a blast in my final two years. You lose and yearn for the high school community, which you only really come to appreciate in Year 11/12. But you can build a new community in uni.
(
Nope, third and final year I think if I was staying on campus, or if I lived in Geelong (uni's in Waurn Ponds) I might have enjoyed it more, but I'm there 8 hours a week and I literally rock up, go to class, and come home again. Haven't made any close friends cos I only see these people for an hour or two max each week for 12 weeks. None of my friends attend the social stuff and living 45 minutes away it makes it hard to get involved. The best time I've had was the pub crawl we had in o week in year one.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:13 AM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

And you said Collingwood had the bye ...