Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not entirely accurate, we were dominated in the third but still managed to stay afloat in that quarter, we kicked the first two of the last. But after that, yeah, you are right. :lol:

WHAT THE MOTHERFUCKING FUCK WEST COAST!!!! WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT COME FROM!!!! 10 for Kennedy, 5 for Shuey! 17 goals to three in the second half!! 120 points! WHAT THE FUCK!

Dogs are fucked!

What the fuck was that? Seriously, what the -?

Bonnie, why are the Eagles so good now?

Cheer up Vlad, it's only round 9, your team only got spanked in the last quarter by the raining premier but held them at bay for 3 quarters. You were hoping to stay within 40 points come full time.

I'd be cracking the sad's if you lost to Port or someone, oh wait :wink:

The Statement's been made, motherfuckers.
beerbang.gif

Dunno about premiers, but what a win and oh what form. It's factual now that West Coast oozes classy players all over the field and have unearthed some quality young talent after a few seasons in the doldrums. I didn't see this coming, but they genuinely look the goods. Footscray on the other hand... :(

I love how the final quarter was 64-0! Good bloody god West Coast.

I still think it's a bit too rich to think we'll challenge Collingwood for a win, but as long as we can stay in it I'm more than happy. It's almost too big a form jump from last year. :lol:

On a completely unrelated note to everything in this thread, Collingwood's John McCarthy reminds me so much of Fran Healy in terms of looks. I thought it was rather uncanny.

vlad - 5/51
bonnie - 8/50 - congratulations Bonnie. you have tipped 'em all.
cobl04 - 6/49
axver - 5/46
inte - 5/46
danny - 6/46

The greatest deal of all?

Good article. Very much a win-win at the moment.

There's also a facebook group - Josh Kennedy 10.3 63 d Western Bulldogs 8.4 52

I'm just going to make my picks now, because I can:

Melbourne vs Carlton
North vs Sydney
Freo vs St Kilda
Gold Coast vs Geelong gonna rape Ablett
Richmond vs Port
Adelaide vs Lions
Collingwood vs West Coast (but hopefully a close contest?)
Puppies vs Hawthorn

In money terms it's probably all a bit the same. But yeah its like if the AFL turn around and say "hey north, how do you feel about moving to New Zealand?"

I don't know enough about it (and I will ask about It in the NHL thread, as to what concessions the "new team" is gonna get.

Replace "having beers" with "half-assedly finishing a sculpture" and yeah.

Also, now would be a good time to reintroduce an Adelaide NRL team. Just saying.

The crowds to that wouldn't even be close to half of that of an average Port Adelaide crowd.

I don't want no NRL team. :sigh:

I'd say a lot of NRL crowds aren't close to half a Port Adelaide crowd already, but yeah, they'd need a fair bit of propping up. I'd like to see it happen though, keep Demetriou on his toes a bit and add something to do here. I can understand why they wouldn't be interested compared to a boom-town like Perth, but given the current lower local interest in AFL and the way A-League has succeeded, for instance, I don't think it'd be a terribly harmful plan.

Speaking of State of Origin, I still fucking well want it back in Aussie Rules. I'd enjoy cheering for Victoria in a sport people actually attend, i.e. something that's not domestic cricket.

Axver said:
Speaking of State of Origin, I still fucking well want it back in Aussie Rules. I'd enjoy cheering for Victoria in a sport people actually attend, i.e. something that's not domestic cricket.

A million times this. That Vic vs Rest game a couple years back was fucking awesome. Origin used to be HUGE in the VFL days. Of course if they bought it back now, there'd be no passion, in that "playing for the big V" means fuck all and you'll never see anyone going "we stuck it right up em" unless they're trying to be funny, but as a showcase and hype and awesomeness and excitement, I don't know why it's not on the table.

I reckon if you made it an annual fixture like in the NRL, people would get right the fuck into it all over again. Perhaps not straight away, but with time for growth, probably. I keep banging on that it should replace the pre-season. Why not a four-way series between VIC, SA, WA, and The Rest? That'd actually mean something. But right now I'm probably just re-writing a post I've made five or ten times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom