Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when cricketers drank beer in the drinks breaks?

And ugh, looks like we won't have a working telly until Monday at the earliest. So much for watching Bombers vs Tigers tonight. May try to find a stream ... if anybody has one, let me know!

:sigh:

Ah cool, found a stream fairly easily. Not the best but it's something.

Like the Tigers' uniform tonight.

Surprisingly low-scoring first quarter in the Bombers game.

Well shit, Shepp Daniel's bold pick is looking pretty good after this solid third quarter from Richmond!

Wow, well done Tigers! I shouldn't have been so confident about the Bombers - great job knocking them off by Richmond. I'm sure some Essendon fans will dispute some decisions, but the Tiges simply out-gunned them in the end, and I reckon they were just hungrier, wanted it more. And of course there's the fact this is a bit of a depleted Essendon; kind of worried about the Bombers' short-term prospects with some of these injuries/suspensions. Anyway, good game of footy, such a tense final quarter. Thoroughly enjoyed it even on the shithouse feed I had.

And wey hey hey, go Lions!

Yes!

I fell asleep, but you better believe I'm excited to see this first thing after waking up!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

first time i have chanted 'YELLOW AND BLACK' at the end of the game (at the game) for 3 years. 3 fookin years!

shit umpiring though, oh well what a great exciting big match it was 84,000 in attendance. and a great atmosphere :hyper:

No Jobe no Essendon?

Don't think it's just that - look at all the other players out. Essendon's been getting weaker pretty much week by week. God we need a run of no injuries! I'm terrified of Zaharakis being injured.

Fuck this. Fuck everything. Deja vu all over fucking again. I don't know how to feel.

OH! I'm so used to seeing the clock count down that when I saw Q4 00:00 I thought the game was over.

Jeez, Vlad, that fucking sucks, I'm sorry.

Before the half:

"So, uh, guys, we're actually playing a legitimate game with Sydney. It would be nice if you pulled your heads out of your asses and win this so we can pass up Carlton and piss off Traviud."

"Uh, ok."

Soon:

:(

Jeez, Vlad, that fucking sucks, I'm sorry.

It does. I'm still devastated. It happens ALL THE TIME against this team. We've always maintained winnable leads against them, and ON EVERY OCCASION we have coughed the shit up and let them win. I don't care if Collingwood are fucking first on the ladder, I don't care if we're 12th on the ladder and we were one of the few to challenge the premiers this year. The result was fucking unacceptable and no dominant first and second quarters can take away from this ugly fact.

:(

I'm confused. It looks like Adelaide did horrible in the first quarter, are you saying otherwise? I'm even more confused because when I looked at the score (when I thought the game was over and was actually the beginning of Q4) it said it was 67-91 or thereabouts. But the scoring I'm seeing would indicate that Adelaide destroyed in the 4th. Am I reading this wrong?

I'm confused. It looks like Adelaide did horrible in the first quarter, are you saying otherwise? I'm even more confused because when I looked at the score (when I thought the game was over and was actually the beginning of Q4) it said it was 67-91 or thereabouts. But the scoring I'm seeing would indicate that Adelaide destroyed in the 4th. Am I reading this wrong?

We dominated the first half, lost the third, kicked the first 2 in the fourth and Collingwood piled on an avalanche, right when I was starting to believe we were safe.

OH :doh:, I see what it's doing now. It doesn't count individual stats per quarter, it adds them together as the game progresses. :idiot:

It happens. I'll never forget some of the reactions I've had when my teams have lost big/important games. Usually tears.

I used to be able to cry after these things when I was younger. Today I can't gather the tears, just frustration and anger and bewilderment.

I don't think I've ever cried about sport, just been incredibly angry and disappointed. Worst was the quarter final of the 2007 Rugby World Cup.

As I said in the Superthread, holy fuck what did Collingwood DO in the final quarter! 11.3, fuck, poor Crows. Really wish they'd managed to fend off the assault and win, rather than getting pummelled like that.

Glad to see the Hawks out to a big lead over Sydney.

cobl04 said:
I'd go back in a heartbeat I reckon. "Uni the best years of your life" is just the biggest joke I've ever heard.

Freshman yeah? Uni will get better, as long as you allow it to and make the most of these next few years. Stay single, and never hesitate to attend social events, parties, balls etc. I felt the same way when I started uni, but had a blast in my final two years. You lose and yearn for the high school community, which you only really come to appreciate in Year 11/12. But you can build a new community in uni.

Great win to the Tigers in a dour game for the most part. But what we saw was Richmond's superior midfield destroying Essendon. Slick ball movement that will spell trouble for opposition sides in years to come. Watson missing is a huge loss for Essendon. Not a one man team, but he is the heart of the Essendon game.

Adelaide, you frustrate me. Ugh, such an opportunity lost :(

18 goals in the second half for Collingwood. :lol: I'm not as passionately/emotionally invested about Geelong now as I was at your age vlad, so I understand you being shattered but when I checked the final scores I did have a pretty good laugh.

intedomine said:
Freshman yeah? Uni will get better, as long as you allow it to and make the most of these next few years. Stay single, and never hesitate to attend social events, parties, balls etc. I felt the same way when I started uni, but had a blast in my final two years. You lose and yearn for the high school community, which you only really come to appreciate in Year 11/12. But you can build a new community in uni.
(

Nope, third and final year :( I think if I was staying on campus, or if I lived in Geelong (uni's in Waurn Ponds) I might have enjoyed it more, but I'm there 8 hours a week and I literally rock up, go to class, and come home again. Haven't made any close friends cos I only see these people for an hour or two max each week for 12 weeks. None of my friends attend the social stuff and living 45 minutes away it makes it hard to get involved. The best time I've had was the pub crawl we had in o week in year one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom