Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we continue to slip down the ladder, but that wasn't too embarrassing at all. Pretty spirited game of footy from us, honestly. Their marks were just much, much cleaner, and the kid doing kick-ins for us was atrocious.

"Goddamn, WHAT?!" to both Richmond and West Coast. Disappointing!

And man, those two "home" games in the north have really hurt Richmond, huh?

They did to a degree, but for god's sakes, the man doesn't stop using excuses for his very poor football club.

And you don't stop finding excuses to bang on him. Seriously, the problems at Adelaide are far more systemic than JUST the coach, and your single-minded focus on him is getting narrower and more repetitive by the week. Sorry, I'm just over hearing it.

And you don't stop finding excuses to bang on him. Seriously, the problems at Adelaide are far more systemic than JUST the coach, and your single-minded focus on him is getting narrower and more repetitive by the week. Sorry, I'm just over hearing it.

I haven't complained about him for two weeks.

I was overdue. :wink:

I'm looking forward to Port somehow losing next weekend despite having the bye.

HOLY SHIT! GUYS! Do you know how I KNOW Brisbane's gonna lose today?

THE GAME IS ON ESPN3!!!! I finally get to actually see my team in action!

Good effort from Brisbane today, was even when I stopped watching and I'm not surprised in the least that Geelong got a strong run on.

It's easy to blame Brisbane's collapse on the missing forwards, but 100+ points should keep you in/win you many games. The guards are the disconcerting part...how can you give up over 50 points in one quarter?

The only thing I think I'm going to end up taking from this game is the eternal hilarious memory of one of the guys for Geelong getting pantsed.

Not making excuses, but one thing I've noticed watching is that the commentators appear to be absolutely disgusted by the ref'ing in this game. Well for the most part anyways. As I was typing this, they were commending someone for being "Red hot"

Vlad n U 2 said:
Defenders, Traviud, defenders. :giggle: But I can understand.

Ah! Leave it to Aussie Rules to use the most literal, easy to remember terminology yet not make the slightest bit of sense.

Travis, I think, was going for basketball terminology in this case: Point Guard, Forward, Center

The only thing I think I'm going to end up taking from this game is the eternal hilarious memory of one of the guys for Geelong getting pantsed.

I was listening to the radio but they brought it up, haha. I think it was Bartel. Apparently he still managed to make a clean disposal.

Is Brown okay? Seriously, I was getting kind of worried when they were saying he hadn't moved for a couple of minutes. That's terrible.

I was listening to the radio but they brought it up, haha. I think it was Bartel. Apparently he still managed to make a clean disposal.

Is Brown okay? Seriously, I was getting kind of worried when they were saying he hadn't moved for a couple of minutes. That's terrible.

I was pretty sure that Brisbane actually got the ball after that too, but I could be wrong.

He was knocked unconscious, that I know for sure, but they said it doesn't *look* like there was any facial damage, which, given earlier this year, is nice to hear, but of course, being knocked unconscious is not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination.

Vlad n U 2 said:
Defenders, Traviud, defenders. :giggle: But I can understand.

It wasn't all that long ago that the term defenders was seldom used. They were backmen, and more often referred to by a specific position (Half Back Flanker, Back Pocket, Full Back).

The Richmond loss doesn't surprise me. We've got issues, we know that, but we need to wait until the end of the season to resolve them. Martin's been found out by opposition teams, and his individual brilliance is being nullified. He is subjected to gang tackling, because they know that one man alone can't stop Martin.

Port aren't going anywhere, they'll be around for years and years, especially after the TV deal. They just need to be micro-managed, act boutique, before they can prosper properly again.

I didn't even know the Tigers and Suns game was played in Cairns, interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom