Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
One of my Sydneysider cousins just joined "The hardest part of playing AFL is telling your parents your(sic) gay" on Facebook. I guess I won't invite her to my Grand Final party.

:lol:

Particularly when NRL is the sport with "the hopoate" :wink:

Vlad n U 2 said:
Shall one be made?

How are any of us going to find it if you won't tell anyone who you are

This is actually a decent quality game :lol: I don't think there's been a single stoppage. Micky Martyn absolutely cleaned Carey. Good to see the torp again too it's a dead art

Hahaha what a shit game. Hilarious to watch, but terrible.

And could it have been more obviously rigged?

I wasn't expecting anything! We just turned it on and rolled around laughing at the dodginess/cheesiness of it all.

I enjoyed the game so much that I wouldn't mind if more games were rigged, given the pure entertainment value of the whole thing. ;) Every cut to Sam in the coat was hilarious, especially when he was suddenly holding a pipe after Fitzy kicked the after-siren goal.

Nobody cares.

Well, he obviously cares enough to post about it. There's no AFL tonight, why not talk about the rugby?

But anyway...

West Coast v Geelong - but you know what? We might win. /hubris.
Hawks v Brisbane
Gold Coast v Sydney
Essendon v Richmond
Collingwood v North
Port v Saints
Dogs v Carlton

Three byes this week, lame.

I only care if it's footy, or potentially union. To be serious for a minute though, the AFL and NRL keep on crapping on about this apparent code war (honestly who gives a shit except people who think everybody else should like what they like?), and in this case, the NRL has run rings around the AFL. Take notes, Demetriou/somebody-smarter-than-him-who-should-take-over.

Picks for the coming week:

West Coast vs Geelong (go Eagles!)
Hawthorn vs Brissie
Gold Coast vs Sydney
Essendon vs Richmond
Collingwood vs North Nobody
Port vs Saints
Bulldogs vs Carlton

PS Co-sign Danny's "better than soccer" Origin sentiment, if nothing else.

West Coast (Do I dare?)
Hawthorn
Sydney
Essendon
C'wood
Saints
Carlton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom