AFL Thread. James Hird Does a Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono Dedicates Song For Someone To James Hird, Footy Classified Presents 90 Minute Special Episode

This Collingwood vs West Coast game is becoming comical with all the missed shots.

Great to see the Hawks playing so much better than everyone else. That really cheers me up. Absolutely rapt, couldn't be happier. Wonderful news.

Bonnie! :love:

The AFL ought to put out a missing notice for Sydney, because they don't seem to have turned up tonight. Except for that brief cameo by Buddy.

Bonnie! :love:

The AFL ought to put out a missing notice for Sydney, because they don't seem to have turned up tonight. Except for that brief cameo by Buddy.

Hihihii :love: Feels good to be home!

Unfortunately I gotta head off soon to go to something that's too late to talk out of, but I'll be back later tonight. And around for the Showdown, hopefully!

So good to have you back around here!

I'm taking my mum to see Brisbane at the G tomorrow. They're playing Melbourne so she might even leave happy with a bit of luck!

I'm starting to think Sydney shouldn't bother scoring any more goals. Every time they score it just seems to mean Hawthorn score two more.

So good to have you back around here!

I'm taking my mum to see Brisbane at the G tomorrow. They're playing Melbourne so she might even leave happy with a bit of luck!

I'm starting to think Sydney shouldn't bother scoring any more goals. Every time they score it just seems to mean Hawthorn score two more.

Thanks, I've been meaning to come back for a long time now, finally decided to bite the bullet tonight, glad I did! Missed you all heaps. Stuff just gets in the way.

Awesome, I'll be rooting for the Lions then! I think both sides have shown a few good little touches over the year, the doom and gloom isn't quite so dark for the bottom four this season compared to others.

I really can't believe what I'm watching, I know the Swans and Freo have had slight slumps but god, are they really the second best sides? Really frightening.

LINGY I WANT YOU TO SUM UP THE HAWKS IN A PARAGRAPH WITH SEVEN SECONDS LEFT TO GO IN THE GAME. LlNGY WHERE ARE YOU. LINGY. A PARAGRAPH. BOY OH BOY

Well, it was one thing for Hawthorn to wipe the floor with Freo by 72 points at their Launceston fortress, but to go up to Sydney and thump the Swans by 89? That's something else again. Definitely can't believe what I've seen the last two weeks. However did my rabble beat them in round two?!

LINGY I WANT YOU TO SUM UP THE HAWKS IN A PARAGRAPH WITH SEVEN SECONDS LEFT TO GO IN THE GAME. LlNGY WHERE ARE YOU. LINGY. A PARAGRAPH. BOY OH BOY

:lol:

I love how hilariously angry BT was about those bolts behind the goals. He had a point, those should've been covered, but you'd think it was the only thing that had happened in the game.

Tippett appears to have been paid to be invisible tonight. I suppose that invisibility is quite a talent to possess.

That Laughing Cow ad was the most delicious thing I've seen all night. #sorrycyril

Well, it was one thing for Hawthorn to wipe the floor with Freo by 72 points at their Launceston fortress, but to go up to Sydney and thump the swans by 89? That's something else again. Definitely can't believe what I've seen the last two weeks. However did my rabble beat them in round two?!

:lol:

I love how hilariously angry BT was about those bolts behind the goals. He had a point, those should've been covered, but you'd think it was the only thing that had happened in the game.

Hard to believe Port beat them within a quarter earlier this year. If the Power were to play Hawthorn again now, Wingard's face would be left in a permanent scow.... oh.

God bless BT, he can make the most logical statement sound completely absurd.

Tippett appears to have been paid to be invisible tonight. I suppose that invisibility is quite a talent to possess.

Sydney using COLA to devise technology for an invisibility coat and Tippett being their guinea pig would be a nice twist. Also the most plausible excuse for what Kurt's dishing up on his dosh.

Suffice to say, I weasled out of other commitments tonight. :reject: The only thing that separates us from the animals

Football edit: Hawks get to play Carlton twice over the remaining rounds of the season. Thanks Gill.

Last edited:
Sydney using COLA to devise technology for an invisibility coat and Tippett being their guinea pig would be a nice twist. Also the most plausible excuse for what Kurt's dishing up on his dosh.

:laugh:

I think the only Swan to have worse stats than Tippett tonight is the guy who got subbed out sometime during the first half injured.

BT called Tippett's name at some point late in the third quarter. My mum and I straight away turned to each other and said we'd forgotten he was even playing.

Football edit: Hawks get to play Carlton twice over the remaining rounds of the season. Thanks Gill.

I'm afraid of what Hawthorn's percentage will be come finals.

Glad I stayed up just to watch Richo eat vindaloo and garlic naan with Brian Lake! What is even happening.

It's only July, granted, and Freo and Swans will likely get their shit together somewhat before the finals, but jeeeez.

Contemplating going to Elder Park tomorrow to watch the Showdown on a big screen with a few thousand who can't fit into the Oval, although the thought of rugging up with a red sounds a bit nicer and just as suitably SA. Will you be around Ax (and others)?

I'm not sure what my plans will be after the Lions/Dees game - the end of which I assume will clash with the start of the Showdown anyway? I really want to see the Showdown because you know it's going to be one of the most emotional games of footy ever, but I'm not sure what my mum and stepdad will want to do. They might want to see a bit more of Melbourne while they're down here.

Ripping Showdown so far, high scoring and free flowing. Massive from both sides. Fair to say Phil would have loved it... here's hoping for a close finish.

Weather's pretty lovely so rather than going the red I've opted to celebrate the Prussian heritage of this fine state because Becks was on special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom