AFL Thread. James Hird Does a Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching it. Pretty contested. Good physicality and some strong marks. The growth of the women's game is undoubtedly a terrific thing. On TV they're just noting how the football is a smaller size than the standard men's, which I think was a good move.

It is genuinely better than you think when you first tune in. The Demons have won all three games so far pretty comfortably.

Were you watching the game Ax? I thought that was the decider? Just figured you'd be more excited!

There will always be the whinging about the skill level, but a lot of the fumbles/dropped marks here are just as common in any many mens matches as they might be here.

I mean it's obvious the skill level is not even close, any decent suburban men's team would thrash these women, but comparisons are entirely pointless, you've got to look at it in its own way.

None of them are being paid today, by the way. Some of them are carrying big injuries. They all make heaps of sacrifices just to get out there.

IWere you watching the game Ax? I thought that was the decider? Just figured you'd be more excited!

I only saw a few minutes. The whole Rugby Championship this year was an abbreviated shadow to squeeze it in before the World Cup, and indeed last night only counted to the Bledisloe and not the overall Championship.

This Frederick-Traub girl looks a super talent.

She's excellent. :up:

I mean it's obvious the skill level is not even close, any decent suburban men's team would thrash these women, but comparisons are entirely pointless, you've got to look at it in its own way.

None of them are being paid today, by the way. Some of them are carrying big injuries. They all make heaps of sacrifices just to get out there.

Imagine they have only a fraction of the resources of men's teams. And what the fuck why aren't they being paid?! That's outrageous.

Exciting end! I'm gutted the Dogs ran out of time. It felt like they could do it if they had another two or three minutes.

Fitzpatrick in his speech 'surprisingly tough'

No need for the 'surprisingly'

Essendon at least have the WADA and James Hird excuse for being smashed, what's Melbourne's? What has Roos actually done?

Did the men assume that the Dees had met their commitments for the weekend and went home at 2:30?

Essendon at least have the WADA and James Hird excuse for being smashed, what's Melbourne's? What has Roos actually done?

Are you joking? I can't tell. There's always going to be aberrations. This has been Melbourne's brightest season in a very long time, and Dogs may well finish top four.

The stranger result is happening in the west. Maybe they're trying to keep Hawthorn out of the top two.

Really did not expect West Coast to give Freo a belting. I expected a protracted arm-wrestle of a game.

Brett Ratten's son killed in a car accident. Sad. :(

Horrible. I liked Ratten as a coach but even if I blamed him for everything that went wrong (clearly he wasn't), I would set all that aside and feel tremendous sympathy for him right now. I can't imagine what he must be going through and don't want to.

Last edited:
Matthew Egan looks to be caretaker coach, which means that Fletch will be coached by a man eight years younger than him.

:lol: that's crazy. Was such a shame that injury curtailed his career.

The press conference was rubbish, it was all me me me from Hird. At least it was fun to follow on Twitter. Hopefully now the players get a bit of respite.

Essendon can't win. As long as Hird stuck it out, Caro took every opportunity to vent her hatred of him to the point that it seemed vindictive. Now that he's resigned, Rohan Connolly's using it to condemn the club. Make up your goddamn minds people, should he have stayed or gone?

Rohan's point is more that his resignation, this parting of ways, is emblematic of the myriad issues which run deep at the club. They've got an awful lot to fix. He also says this is a starting point from which some good can come.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Actually slightly disappointed that Hird has departed now and not in two weeks time. Would have enjoyed handing out a 25 goal thrashing to that smug prick in Round 22. Oh well, they move on. It's an awful list. So much fat. Dempsey, Bellch, Stanton, Steinberg, Gwilt, Pears - all worth being rid of.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Henderson requests a trade. Will sit out remaining three games. Meanwhile, Jason Holmes will make his debut for St. Kilda, he's one of those international recruits from the US. A bit exciting to see how he'll do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom