AFL Thread. James Hird Does a Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank fucking god. We never should have let them get this close, but thank fucking god. Wingard is still the biggest wanker in the game, loved it when Cameron nailed him into the ground.

Made it home in time to catch most of the second half. Amazing game. What an ending.

Brisbane's game was awful. Can't believe how bad both teams were, but especially Brisbane. I think I saw about ten minutes of good footy the entire time I was at the MCG, and that's being generous. Brisbane were aimless, and every time they tried to be clever it blew up in their face. Don't know if Christensen has ever played such a shocker in his life; every time he touched the ball things turned to shit.

It was fun to go to the footy though!

Welcome back, Bonnie! :D

Football edit: Hawks get to play Carlton twice over the remaining rounds of the season. Thanks Gill.

This has been baffling me since I noticed it in the fixture. Why??

I'm afraid of what Hawthorn's percentage will be come finals.

Probably some sort of theoretical mathematically unreal number, like infinity to the power of e=mc-squared(n).

Amazing Showdown game... although was it just me, or were the Port fans actually booing after the siren?

Congrats Vlad. Fantastic win in an incredible game. You can go far, I trust the Crows more than any other side in the lower top eight. As for Port, they're fucked for the year, but still might screw up a few plans for final goers in the remaining rounds. Well done to both teams. Phil would be proud.

How's this for a song!

Oh yeah, and record crowd too. 54000k+, I think the stadium itself only seats 53000.

Yeah, fantastic scenes. The hill was absolutely packed! Great stuff, especially with the Liverpool game tomorrow.

I think the Showdown would have to be the consistently best traditional rivalry in the competition, always delivers in one way or another. The Derby is a constant write off, Collingwood/Carlton is lol and the QLD/NSW rivalries don't count because fake.

Even the Q-Clash has had some pretty tight battles in its few years. The Sydney derby has good potential to be a big event.

Wish I'd been able to watch the Showdown, looks like an absolutely cracking game, the type of game we just don't see enough of these days.

Hawks' best is so far above everyone else in the league it's scary.

And jesus that Demons-Lions game looked dire.

My stepdad, who has barracked for Brisbane since the Bears days and diligently went to practically every game in Carrara, said that yesterday's performance by the Lions may be the worst he's ever seen.

Burst out laughing when I saw an article say Christensen was one of the best on ground for Brisbane. Sure he had heaps of disposals but they were consistently awful. At one point this guy behind me turned to his mate to observe that Christensen had 20 disposals. His mate just about spat back that they were the twenty most useless disposals possible.

I don't remember the last time I've seen a team score so effortlessly.

Shockingly, Brisbane retains a worse percentage than we do, even after that beating.

Last edited:
Hahaha someone on the Carlton Facebook page referred to the Hawks as "umpire favorites."

Hahaha

Haha

Ha.

Fuck.

Haaayyy guyz Carlton wouuddaa totes won if teh white maggits had been on theire siiiide!!!!1111!1 :happy:

PS aaaahahahahahaha wow. I can't wait for round 23. Also whoever scheduled Carlton for so many Friday night games this year must feel like a right fucking goose at the moment. No wonder TV ratings are suffering. You have to be a footy tragic to watch any game involving the Blues.

Mundy kicks a goal in the dying minute(s) to win Freo the game against the Tigers ohhhh boooyyyy. Sounded like a tense, cracking match.

Great. Thanks, Adelaide. You annihilated the poor, poor season of the poor, poor Suns. Can't even let them have Gaz.

Last edited:
Yeah fuck you Adelaide. Gold Coast will now lose every game for the rest of the year.

And I'm really confused this evening: Essendon are playing decent footy so far. I didn't know we could still do this on occasion.

Cringed at Gleeson dropping a sitter in the back pocket, and now seems to have gifted Port momentum.

Ling is talking about his love for Harry Potter now. Top coverage this.

Horrid umpiring all through this entire round so far. McKernan's virtually getting beaten up by them.

Umps are paying 'dangerous tackle' frees now. When did this become a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom