2020 NFL playoff pick'em

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just doing some rudimentary guesswork here.

I think if the Seahawks beat the Packers and then the Ravens go on to beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl...Tourist will win. But I will probably be a very close second? I could be wrong.

Just doing some rudimentary guesswork here.

I think if the Seahawks beat the Packers and then the Ravens go on to beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl...Tourist will win. But I will probably be a very close second? I could be wrong.

in this scenario, if KC beats HOU next week (since that's the one game you didn't specify) headache wins with 84 points, the tourist is 2nd with 81, and you are third with 80. if HOU beats KC and the rest plays out as you described, headache still wins with 80 points but you come in second with 77 points and tourist in third with 76.

i haven't done all the scenarios yet (i might do it later on out of curiosity if i have the time) but looking at the point allocations side by side, i would say that headache probably already has this in the bag unless GB or seattle wins the super bowl.

I’m pretty sure there’s still a Seattle scenario where I win, but I haven’t assessed it. My submission solely possesses the highest Seattle value, but I do need help from the fact that I’m not getting any points from teams that others will ultimately get more points from regardless of who wins the match.

headache ranked every other remaining team besides green bay and seattle higher than you did (and you both ranked GB exactly the same), so even if seattle goes all the way, there's no scenario where you can overtake him. looks like the closest you can get is if the AFC championship is HOU vs TEN and the texans win and then lose to seattle in the super bowl, and even then you still come in second 68 to 61. sorry dude.

Last edited:
I think my only shot is a KC/Seattle Super Bowl with KC winning? Maybe not even then.

I think my only shot is a KC/Seattle Super Bowl with KC winning? Maybe not even then.

do you actually want to know or am i legit spoiling this for people? lol

edit: i'll actually start putting these in spoiler tags so people can feel free to read them or not.

in every possible KC over SEA scenario, the closest you can come is second behind headache, 92 to 87. headche set himself up very well by correctly picking 3 out of the 4 winners this week and also ranking both houston and tennessee three points higher than everyone else. there are still a number of scenarios where other people can win though so it's not over yet.

Last edited:
do you actually want to know or am i legit spoiling this for people? lol

edit: i'll actually start putting these in spoiler tags so people can feel free to read them or not.

in every possible KC over SEA scenario, the closest you can come is second behind headache, 92 to 87. headche set himself up very well by correctly picking 3 out of the 4 winners this week and also ranking both houston and tennessee three points higher than everyone else. there are still a number of scenarios where other people can win though so it's not over yet.

Ha no worries about the spoiler, thanks for the analysis. I'll shoot for second.

tenor.gif

standings after divisional week (points this week in brackets):

Headache in a Suitcase: 56 (33)
the_tourist: 46 (28)
PennyLanePhins: 44 (29)
phanan: 43 (27)
GirlsAloudFan: 42 (24)
U2inUtah: 42 (27)
LemonMelon: 41 (27)
DaveC: 38 (26)
bono_212: 37 (22)
Hewson: 36 (22)