2018 World Cup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
might as well see how close i (don't) get.

NED 1 - USA 2
ARG 3 - AUS 0
FRA 2 - POL 1
ENG 1 - SEN 1 (ENG wins on PK)
JPN 1 - CRO 0
BRA 3 - KOR 1
MAR 1 - ESP 2
POR 0 - SUI 2

USA 0 - ARG 1
ENG 1 - FRA 3
JPN 0 - BRA 3
ESP 2 - SUI 1

ARG 2 - BRA 2 (BRA wins on PK)
ESP 2 - FRA 0

BRA 1 - ESP 2

In jest I join. I probably ducked the bracket up but this is more of a joke.

NED 1 - USA 1 (USA PK)
ARG 2 - AUS 1
FRA 4 - POL 0
ENG 0 - SEN 2
JPN 2 - CRO 1
BRA 3 - KOR 0
MAR 0 - ESP 4
POR 1 - SUI 0

USA 1 - ARG 0
SEN 1 - FRA 3
JPN 0 - BRA 1
ESP 2 - POR 2 (POR PK)

USA 1 - BRA 1 (USA PK)
POR 2 - FRA 0

USA 3 - POR 2

There’s is no impartiality since we’ve made it out of group play.

They had a few chances, but they looked really tired.

Standing around on defense letting the Dutch have so much space. USA definitely looked more athletic than previous squads, but still looked to be way behind in skill compared to the top countries

Shame about Australia, but that was a tough draw. Come on England.

I'm stunned we did so well. There was, like, no positivity at all about us in the lead-up. So to run Argentina that close is pretty crazy.

It's interesting, usually when there's big sports stuff on I get super into it, but I just still can't find the passion for soccer. Have really enjoyed watching this world cup in parts and been some great upsets, and I woke up at 6am for the game today, but I was never interested in going to Fed Square etc.

I'd like to see England make the final then lose 2014 Brazil semi final style, to Brazil.

Greatest world fup final ever. Mbappe almost single-handedly dragged France back into the match...twice. What a phenomenal player. Easily the player of the tournament... can't believe they gave it to Messi, who wasn't even amongst the top 5 best players of this tournament. Fantastic world cup all around nonetheless. There really isn't a global event like this.

Quite possibly the greatest World Cup, not just final.

Unfortunately there were a lot of shit politics off the field that cloudy it.

Was pulling for France but that was a hard-fought victory by Messi and Argentina, and this is going to make a generation of people happy, so good for them.

Stunning final. Mbappe's second goal was one of those moments where you want to reach out to every sports fan you know and say "Are you fucking watching this??"

Always great to see something that actually lives up to the hype.

Interesting how little the biased media are talking about the Australian team. We came within a bee's dick of knocking Argentina out of this tournament.

I hate to be that guy, but I can't help but be solemnly reminded that two World Cups have come and gone with no new music from U2.

That said, how 'bout those Croatians? First World Cup appearance in '98, and only missed qualifying once(2010). In six World Cups they've been runner up, and third place twice. Not bad for a small country with less than four million people.

I started watching the final right after Mbappe tied it up 2-2 and I still feel like I got a whole match's worth of action from there. What a great match and great story.

Back
Top Bottom