2014 Blue Crack Fantasy Football League

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you insist

I’d rather lose in this league than a league where I can win dollars.

But long story short my biggest conflict is you and my top league’s matchup. He has Dalton and Gurley there, and I have OBJ and Cousins in that league.

Thankfully you’re not playing Cousins or I would cave under the conflict of who to cheer for.

I didn't catch that Hyde was traded to Jax and didn't find out until the 4th quarter of the morning game, so my hands were tied on changes I could make. I swear, espn sends me stupid alerts about things I never seem to care about, but heaven help me if there's something I actually need to know for my team.

it's always great when your RB1 is announced to be a game-time decision late in the night before a 9:30 am game. :|

wow i really fucking blew it this week.

luck and hilton on the bench, and started an injured melvin gordon. :|

Eh, if you put Murray in place of Gordon and Hilton at Flex in place of Peterson you're still down 11.8 heading into tonight and you have Ryan to my Jones & Hooper. Or if you played Luck, you're up 18.3 with no players left and I have Julio Jones and Austin "don't call me Matt" Hooper. You'd lose either way.

Also, why is the waiver period so messed up? I didn’t get a claim into a starting position because it processes on Sunday? It should process on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I can’t drop a player who is benched and I have an error message of “too many TEs (3)” so I legitimately cannot fill a roster spot start right now. This is stupid.

well you're usually supposed to set your lineup before 3:30 pm on sunday dude.

That’s not the point. I have Ertz on bye (cannot drop list). I have Gronk as a game time decision (cannot drop list). I made a claim for Jordan Reed on Wednesday and returned on Thursday/Friday/Saturday only every time to realize that the claim hasn’t processed.

I was busy this morning and 1 PM passed. There’s no way to say “if claim successful start this player.” So I missed the narrow window to acknowledge and start Jordan Reed (and my other claim, Miami D/ST).

Except I cant drop Jordan Reed now, even though he’s on the bench, because he’s “locked.” And I can’t drop Ertz, not that I would want to. And I can’t drop Gronk. So I can’t pick up another TE.

There is legitimately no way, despite having an open TE spot, that I can fill it with another TE. That’s stupid, and the main issue boils down to waiver claims being processed just before games instead of just after game week.

Tuesday waiver claims are definitely processed on Sunday. I'm not sure when Wednesday or later claims are processed, but that does sound familiar to me, that they don't process until Sunday morning. If someone is available on waivers on Wednesday, it's because someone dropped them on Tuesday.

The TE 3 limit is just the espn default, I never bothered to change it.

Obviously once the game started Reed was locked, not a lot you can do there.

Looking at the activity report your recollection of the timeline doesn't seem right. Gaf didn't even drop Reed until Thursday. If it did process on Saturday morning like this says it did, that's when it was supposed to, according to the espn Waiver faq. A full 24 hour cycle after the player is first made available. Screenshot_20181104-153105_ESPN%20Fantasy.jpeg

Obviously the 3 TE thing is an obscure thing that it takes this occurrence to happen to realize that it’s kind of silly. Anyone trying to hoard TEs will assuredly suffer everywhere else.

This is yet another reason why I don’t like ESPN. On yahoo, waivers makes much more sense. The purpose of the waiver period is to prevent people from being first to the lunch on good players or players slated to fill in for injured stars, etc.

I shouldn’t have to wait until Sunday to be able to access my claim. It’s arbitrary when claims get processed - they should all be processed before Thursday, at which point everyone should become a free agent up until that player’s game time (so basically the only place you have a small window is Thursday, but Thursdays are night games anyways so it’s not a small window).

And as far as Reed being locked, it’s absolutely still silly that I can’t drop him. You should be able to drop anybody at any time. Once a player has played, it’s obvious to say you can’t un-play them by dropping them, but you should totally still be able to drop them. And you can in Yahaoo - as I already have this week.

I definitely disagree about dropping during the game, that gives you an unfair advantage, and I've never personally noticed being allowed to do that in Yahoo, so that's surprising.

Basically, it doesn't look like espn did anything wrong here. You picked up a player that was available on waivers on Thursday because that's the day they were dropped. Our league has a mandatory one-day (full 24 hour period, so in this case Friday - Saturday) waiver period. According to the activity report, your waiver claim processed Saturday morning, as it was meant to. I'm not sure beyond that what may have happened that you either missed it, or something glitched on your end.

I'm confused about your complaint about the dolphins, since it appears you picked them up in free agency three weeks ago.

Looking at the activity report your recollection of the timeline doesn't seem right. Gaf didn't even drop Reed until Thursday. If it did process on Saturday morning like this says it did, that's when it was supposed to, according to the espn Waiver faq. A full 24 hour cycle after the player is first made available. View attachment 12132

You’re right that I’m mixing my timeline up (mostly because I’m working 4 leagues right now). But I wasn’t ever suggesting the waiver system wasn’t working as it was supposed to. I’m criticizing ESPN’s waiver system (and player system) for being janky in the first place.

If this were yahoo, Benjamin Watson would be my TE right now because I forgot about my claim after it not being processed when I last checked. Alllsssss I’m saying here.

there is no way any fantasy football league lets you drop a player in the middle of their game and have it be effective immediately.

ehh ok i kinda see your point, but like she said, the claim processed yesterday. if you didn't get to editing your lineup until well into sunday afternoon after most of the games had started and players locked in, that's not really the system's fault.

ehh ok i kinda see your point, but like she said, the claim processed yesterday. if you didn't get to editing your lineup until well into sunday afternoon, that's not really the system's fault.

I’m not denying that I messed up with getting my roster set, and the waiver system isn’t as shady as I was suggesting, but honestly the reason why I assumed it was was because I always make my preliminary roster adjustments for next week on Sunday. This shouldn’t come to any surprise - ask hewson - I’m always one of the first people to set my picks for pick’em as well, because I prefer peace of mind followed by the full period of time to make changes a la carte.

Except on ESPN I can’t make those changes. I can’t drop players OR edit my lineup for next week until Tuesday comes around.

And in my own personal complaint, yahoo works at work and espn doesn’t! [emoji23]

The Miami D/ST thing was in my other league, for the record. I did intend upon starting them here too, but I forgot. But I did have an issue getting that waiver claim in a reasonable amount of time.

The Miami D/ST thing was in my other league, for the record. I did intend upon starting them here too, but I forgot. But I did have an issue getting that waiver claim in a reasonable amount of time.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that you got a waiver claim on Saturday morning that you made on Thursday afternoon/night. It just seems like you forgot to set your team this week :shrug:.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that you got a waiver claim on Saturday morning that you made on Thursday afternoon/night. It just seems like you forgot to set your team this week :shrug:.

Like I said before, I admit that I dropped the ball on the waiver thing. Different league with custom settings had a different problem.

But that doesn’t address the real problem. I’m literally incapable of making a roster change as per a combination of (1) the Can’t Cut list, (2) the TE limit, and (3) no IR spot.

I was put in a position where I intended to play Jordan Reed - I made a mistake because I ran out of time. I couldn’t bench a BYE week Ertz when I wanted to. I couldn’t cut or IR Gronk. I couldn’t add Watson. I legitimately am aware of my empty spot and a bunch of technicalities are present that prevent me from competing.

I’m going to lose anyways, but the points are always important. Just because I messed up doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be able to fix the problem given that I did have the adequate time to fix it.

The missing IR spot confused me this season as well. I had no idea that wasn't a default setting and I feel bad that we don't have one. I don't know if that's something I can change mid-season or not, or if anyone would want me to at this point if I could but I'll gladly look into it.

But I don't agree you're incapable of changing your TE. If you'd noticed on Saturday that you got Reed, why would you have been incapable of swapping him with Gronk?

The missing IR spot confused me this season as well. I had no idea that wasn't a default setting and I feel bad that we don't have one. I don't know if that's something I can change mid-season or not, or if anyone would want me to at this point if I could but I'll gladly look into it.

But I don't agree you're incapable of changing your TE. If you'd noticed on Saturday that you got Reed, why would you have been incapable of swapping him with Gronk?

Saturday until I had my hands full working extra to bank up some comp time for the upcoming holidays - espn doesn’t work at work through our firewall. I didn’t get a chance to look at it until past game start today.

Yes on Saturday it appears I could have made the change. But I’m not saying that’s the issue. I’m saying the issue is once I made a mistake and Reed was “locked” on my bench, my ability to make changes was “locked.” Obviously I was not aware that there was a random 3 TE limit - I doubt anyone is aware of that.

Having two non-droppable TEs who are inured and on bye week means I had only one eligible TE spot. With only one TE spot “locked” on my bench, that means I’m ineligible to change my roster. I could cut Andy Dalton but I could not add Ben Watson because of that TE limit. I couldn’t IR Gronk to make the extra spot. I couldn’t cut him. I couldn’t cut Ertz, not that I would dare do that. I would’ve cut Gronk if I felt it was a close matchup. But the main point is I can’t cut Jordan Reed, who is a player I did not play by accident. In Yahoo I can cut Jordan Reed because I didn’t play him. In ESPN I can’t touch anyone who played until Tuesday, and can’t amend my roster for the following week until Tuesday either.

Back
Top Bottom