2014 Blue Crack Fantasy Football League

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You still have a really good shot at winning, though, so fuck you for posting this.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be a dick there. I didn't say I had no chance, just that nothing was going right at the time and, along with the Skins being terrible, it was a bad morning for me and I was pissed off.

You would have won if Arian Foster hadn't been on bye, although it was a pretty great call to just roll with his backup.

Last edited:
I just traded Alfred Morris for Larry Donnell in my money league. I have nothing at TE and I have Lacy, Ingram, Matthews and Morris for RBs. I hope Donnell is back to business the remainder of the season and Matthews doesn't bust out on me, because if I do make it to the playoffs (this is my win and in game), and I lose because of Morris, bitter won't begin to describe how I feel.

I have never done a trade before, this is hell, :lol:.

Alright, I'm in the Final Four of my money league and need some advice.

1. Jay Cutler vs. Dallas or Cam Newton at New Orleans?
2. For RB2: Gio Bernard coming off injury vs. PIT or Joique Bell vs. TB?
3. For Flex: Bernard/Bell (this is not a PPR league), Sammy Watkins at DEN, or Anquan Boldin at OAK?

I'm in the Final Six of my money league, and will also be asking for some advice, but I'll give you some first. This is, of course, just my opinion:

1. I want to say Cutler, because Newton is a.) Hurt b.) Not playing great, but Cutler has burned people so many times this season, I just don't know. The Saints have about as much to play for as Dallas does, so I assume they both bring their A game. I basically have no answer to this one. But fwiw, I'm not going to play Benjamin this week, because I don't trust Newton.

2. I've heard to wait about Bernard as long as you can, in case Cin. has anything to add about him. Lately it's been kinda neck and neck between him and Hill, too. On the other hand, Bell has been pretty reliable for me this season, but I don't play him every week.

3. I really like Boldin at OAK, but that's just me. OAK doesn't allow a TON of points to WRs, but it just feels right. On the other hand, I'm in a PPR league, so he probably gets a lot more points for me because of that. I'd say if you can play Bernard AND Bell and Bernard gets the start, go with that. Someone else may feel differently, though.

Here's my questions:
1) TE - I traded Morris for Donnell, and now I'm not even sure I want him. I couldn't get Jordan Reed back, so that was a huge mistake on my part. Now, I need to figure out if I should play Donnel, Rivera or try to pick up Rudolph.

2) RB - It's the right thing to do, starting Lacy and Ingram, right? Matthews vs. NE is just not a good matchup, right?

3) WR - A.J. Green, T.Y. Hilton and Stills over Boldin, Baldwin and Benjamin. Y/N?

Alright, I'm in the Final Four of my money league and need some advice.

1. Jay Cutler vs. Dallas or Cam Newton at New Orleans?
2. For RB2: Gio Bernard coming off injury vs. PIT or Joique Bell vs. TB?
3. For Flex: Bernard/Bell (this is not a PPR league), Sammy Watkins at DEN, or Anquan Boldin at OAK?

1. Cutler
2. Bell
3. Boldin

Bernard has taken a back seat since his return. I have him on my team in my league and he's just not getting the work he did earlier in the year.

Here's my questions:
1) TE - I traded Morris for Donnell, and now I'm not even sure I want him. I couldn't get Jordan Reed back, so that was a huge mistake on my part. Now, I need to figure out if I should play Donnel, Rivera or try to pick up Rudolph.

2) RB - It's the right thing to do, starting Lacy and Ingram, right? Matthews vs. NE is just not a good matchup, right?

3) WR - A.J. Green, T.Y. Hilton and Stills over Boldin, Baldwin and Benjamin. Y/N?

IMO

1. Not much of a TE pool there. Is Walker available in your league? If not, I guess Donnell, but not with any real confidence.

2. No to Matthews. Still working his way back from the injury as well.

3. I'd go Green, Hilton, and Boldin, although Hilton will have a tough matchup against Haden.

Quarterback is easily my weakest position so I'm aware it's a tough spot. I was leaning Cutler as well. Bernard was great until he got hurt. I'd have been screwed if I didn't have Le'Veon Bell as my RB1. I've usually started Watkins as my Flex, so it's interesting that you have it between Bernard and Boldin. I'll have to think more about that one.

For your questions:

1. If you're talking opponent, I'd still have Donnell over Rudolph. The Jets' problem isn't defense and I didn't come away impressed by much of what Tennessee had on defense when I saw them play. I think they may also have a safety injured which means tight end/slot stuff might open up a bit.

2. I'd stick with Lacy and Ingram, yes.

3. Probably. I'm very anti-Benjamin so you're not exactly asking the right guy with that, and I understand your view on Boldin against Oakland but I think Green, Hilton, and Stills are probably safer bets. I thought Stills looked good against Pittsburgh last week.

1. Cutler
2. Bell
3. Boldin

Bernard has taken a back seat since his return. I have him on my team in my league and he's just not getting the work he did earlier in the year.
Yeah, it's been frustrating. I had a trade offer for Bernard right around when he was coming back that I turned down (I think it was Rivers and Gore for Bernard and Newton) and now I'm regretting not pulling the trigger.

IMO

1. Not much of a TE pool there. Is Walker available in your league? If not, I guess Donnell, but not with any real confidence.

2. No to Matthews. Still working his way back from the injury as well.

3. I'd go Green, Hilton, and Boldin, although Hilton will have a tough matchup against Haden.

Nope. TE has been killing me all season, which was the only reason I made such a trade in the first place. Donnell it is then.

I was hoping you wouldn't say Boldin :lol:. He's been my favorite fantasy player this year, after Ingram, since I got both of them in the dwindling last rounds of the draft (Ingram with my last pick). Which means I have a soft spot towards him and am almost always inclined to play him. I'm worried about Hilton, too, based on the last couple weeks. It's not that he's not playing as well as ever, but he's got most of his points, both weeks, off of one big play in each.

3. Probably. I'm very anti-Benjamin so you're not exactly asking the right guy with that, and I understand your view on Boldin against Oakland but I think Green, Hilton, and Stills are probably safer bets. I thought Stills looked good against Pittsburgh last week.

I thought Stills looked great as well. The last three weeks I've been coin flipping on stuff like this. So far I'm two for two :lol:. Might be Boldin vs. Stills this week.

Thanks guys!

1. Cutler
2. Bell
3. Boldin

I might go:
Cutler
Bell
Watkins

If Denver jumps out against Buffalo as expected, the neckbeardless neckbeard will throw a lot and Watkins could benfit from Talib being injured, whereas SF may get a quick lead and limit the passing game at Oakland.

I did! Gio and Denard got nothing on the bench too so it was a truly rewarding decision. Le'Veon and Joique may have single handedly carried me to the championship. Still gotta wait for tomorrow, my opponent has Lacy, Cobb, and Julio Jones.

fantasyloss_score_zps5d8a13ab.png

Jones also got hurt immediately after putting him over-the-top.

Back
Top Bottom