2014 Blue Crack Fantasy Football League

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slated for a 10th-Place Finish, not real football Should Have Attempted to Draft Players That are Good

Powered by Automated Insights
Draft Summary

Vince Lombardi once said, "If you can accept losing, you can't win." not real football might not accept winning, but they'll lose anyway. They are expected to finish 10th in Blue Crack League with a record of 1-13-0 (1,609 points). They went with a balanced approach early, selecting QB Peyton Manning (2nd overall), RB Le'Veon Bell (19th), WR Michael Crabtree (22nd), and TE Vernon Davis (39th) within the first five rounds. They put together the worst group of RBs in the league, as they have Bell, C.J. Spiller, Bishop Sankey, and Chris Ogbonnaya on their roster.
Stupid autodraft! Right? Since you can’t be blamed for that draft, go ahead and nominate yourself for the Toyota Hall Of Fame.
Schedule

Whether by good fortune or well-planned strategy, not real football has secured a favorable bye week schedule for their superstars. Of their top five players in projected points, none share a common off week. Looking at the season as a whole, they have one of the toughest slates. Along with the second-most taxing overall schedule, both the first four games and last four games of the season are about league-average difficulty for not real football.

Draft Notes

• QB or Bust QB is the only stronger-than-average position group for not real football.
  • Sustained Mediocrity not real football accumulated the fewest projected points in the first half of the draft, and didn't exactly right the ship, grabbing the fewest points in the draft's second half, as well.
  • You Snooze, You Lose While the rest of the league slept on Justin Hunter, not real football pounced on him at pick No. 122.
  • No Back-Up No Cry Ignoring roster depth, not real football chose only one player at three different positions (TE, DEF, and K).
  • A Stretch of the Imagination Grabbing Chris Ogbonnaya at pick 139 was, let's say, conceptually adventurous. Ogbonnaya is owned on just a handful of teams across all Yahoo! leagues.

When a bottom-half draft slot yields top-half results, that's the sign of a strong effort by the GM. Such was the case with Washington FC, which flipped its eighth overall pick into a projected fifth-place finish in Blue Crack League (8-6-0, 1,730 points).

You know it.

Had him as a FLEX but now Jordan Cameron is filling in. In a PPR league so hopefully the points should be coming in, whoever the CLE QB will be.

I took my chances on Jordan Cameron again this year, in my money league...hopefully he's back to what he was in the first half of last season...but the preseason doesn't leave me hopeful.

I have him also in my money league and hoping him and Gronkowski can have stellar years....or at least Gronk play a full season :|

I had my 8 team money league draft last night. I like how it turned out:

Lacy
Bryant
A. Brown
Gronk
G. Bernard
V. Jackson
Brady
Bush
G. Tate
J. Reed
J. Bell
Vinatieri
STL
Ridley
K. Benjamin

Hi all. Unfortunately I have some bad news regarding the Flex spot. For whatever lame reason, Yahoo reverted back to the standard format instead of the original format I had laid out. They wouldn't let me change it back right after the draft last night and after emailing Yahoo, they were pricks and said it's not systematically possible.

My apologies. :(

What did I say about Yahoo? Well, this sucks. If I knew we were starting fucking three wide receivers every week, which is absolutely ridiculous, I would have drafted completely differently.

Truthfully I should have looked at the league settings first, but I just assumed we weren't doing something completely idiotic.

It's because you did PPR. Next time we'll just do a standard league on ESPN. It's the best way to go.

What did I say about Yahoo? Well, this sucks. If I knew we were starting fucking three wide receivers every week, which is absolutely ridiculous, I would have drafted completely differently.

Truthfully I should have looked at the league settings first, but I just assumed we weren't doing something completely idiotic.

It's because you did PPR. Next time we'll just do a standard league on ESPN. It's the best way to go.

Yeah, I'm pissed at Yahoo. I thought at least contacting them would resolve it. It sucks because I now have to start Emmanual Sanders (who I actually think will be awesome this year) over Shane Vereen.

Sorry again everyone. Hopefully this doesn't compromise your lineups too much.

I wouldn't have drafted Arian Foster with my third pick and instead would have taken the best WR available. And it would have been a damn good one at that spot. Oh well. My team is still pretty raw. And I have fucking Arian Foster on my bench.

I didn't even notice this was PPR league, which shows how much I was paying attention :lol:.

OH well, Mikal, I'm glad you at least got the Interf FFLeague back up and running. Maybe it had some hitches this year, but we'll get it worked out, in future.

My money league team this year: projected to finish in 3rd place

QB P. Manning DEN
RB M. Lynch SEA
RB D. Woodhead SD
WR J. Edleman NE
WR R. White ATL
TE. R. Gronkowski NE
FLEX R. Randle NYG
K. S. Gostowski NE
DEF NEW ENGLAND

BENCH PLAYERS

WR W. Welker DEN
TE J. Cameron CLE
QB M. Ryan ATL
WR D. Amendola NE
WR S. Johnson SF
RB D. Williams CAR

When I sit here and say, "I believe in Kelvin Benjamin", I should stand behind that shit. So many missed points :(. I have him in every one of my leagues and there went ~20 points sitting on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom