2014 Blue Crack Fantasy Football League

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just bookmark your roster page bro. the main roster page and especially the live gameday matchup page, compared to last year are definitely streets ahead.

Bookmark lmao. I have two teams first of all, and I’m referring to the app. I work almost exclusively on my
mobile device now. The website might be better but the app got worse.

i really love it when i try to help people out with some friendly advice, and in thanks they get pissy and snarky at me. :up:

Last edited:
Looking like a dud fantasy weekend for the league...except for Hewson.

Why wasn't Mahomes drafted first in every league?

Sure. Were there any RBs or WRs that averaged 26 PPG last season? Right now, he's averaging about 35.

I get that the gap between great and good RBs is larger than the gap between great and good QBs...but it reaches the point where a pick can carry a team.

Last edited:
Sure. Were there any RBs or WRs that averaged 26 PPG last season? Right now, he's averaging about 35.

I get that the gap between great and good RBs is larger than the gap between great and good QBs...but it reaches the point where a pick can carry a team.

It’s not necessarily just the gaps though. It’s what you miss as a function of what others are taking. Even if it makes sense as a differential, like you’re suggesting (like saying the drop off between mahommes and the next QB is massive)... well, why take him 1OA if people don’t hop on the QB train until round 3/4? You can take him, sure, but you’ll miss practically all of the RB1 and/or WR1 talent. The same can’t be said for QBs, where QB1 statistically exists through nearly the entire draft. Mahommes might be that much better, there’s also significantly more choices at QB.

Honestly, I’m not sure why TEs don’t go earlier. That part confuses me. They’re not trustworthy which is true, but the 2-3 elite TEs out there can be just as good as a top WR, and there are so few of them.

It’s not necessarily just the gaps though. It’s what you miss as a function of what others are taking. Even if it makes sense as a differential, like you’re suggesting (like saying the drop off between mahommes and the next QB is massive)... well, why take him 1OA if people don’t hop on the QB train until round 3/4? You can take him, sure, but you’ll miss practically all of the RB1 and/or WR1 talent. The same can’t be said for QBs, where QB1 statistically exists through nearly the entire draft. Mahommes might be that much better, there’s also significantly more choices at QB.

Honestly, I’m not sure why TEs don’t go earlier. That part confuses me. They’re not trustworthy which is true, but the 2-3 elite TEs out there can be just as good as a top WR, and there are so few of them.
Right, I understand that, and the claim I'm making is that, looking into the future, the week to week boost that a team receives from a 30-35 point performer can offset the risk. Comparing him to a Matt Ryan or Aaron Rodgers is fine until he puts up a 45-50 point night, which can pull a sagging team into the playoffs by itself if timed right. Most QBs are absolutely not worth an early pick, but I'd argue Mahomes is at least a second rounder in most formats.

For what it's worth, I completely agree with you about elite TEs. The gap between the Kelces and Greg Olsens of the world are so large over the course of a season that I feel the position is underrated at the top end. It's very difficult to recover from a dud TE pick through waivers. I got lucky with Waller.

I definitely think Mahommes should be going significantly earlier than every other QB (do not understand the Rodgers craze for fantasy). I also think explosiveness/deviation is useful in a great QB because there are so few games in football, so yeah it can make or break a team.

But I would still think the most important part of drafting is crowd mentality. Even if it makes sense numerically, if the crowd is rushing RBs in the top 10, your median RB pick number is governed by the crowd. So, this might sound really stupid but... mahommes doesn’t go early because he goes later. Lol

Yeah it's reaching just to erase the risk of someone else grabbing him at this point. My point, I guess, is that tradition undersells how valuable he is.

In general, of the best things about fantasy sports is having that one under the radar favorite in mind going into the draft, seeing how late you can grab them and then being right when they end up panning out.

My last pick will continue to be Tre’Quan Smith until he’s a star, because I genuinely believe he’s destined to be. He’s got all the tools and a great attitude (though now both him and Brees are injured).

I definitely think Mahommes should be going significantly earlier than every other QB (do not understand the Rodgers craze for fantasy). I also think explosiveness/deviation is useful in a great QB because there are so few games in football, so yeah it can make or break a team.

But I would still think the most important part of drafting is crowd mentality. Even if it makes sense numerically, if the crowd is rushing RBs in the top 10, your median RB pick number is governed by the crowd. So, this might sound really stupid but... mahommes doesn’t go early because he goes later. Lol
As a Mahomes owner lucky enough to have drafted him in the 12th round last year and was able to keep him for the same round this year, I couldn't agree more. Should have gone first round in every draft. My team had a mediocre week and I'll still be the top scorer this week.

That move (or lack thereof) was the only reason I have a chance this week. My team blows almost as much as its namesake.

Last edited:
All of my fantasy football teams are struggling with all sorts of reasons players are out. Injuries, strikes, drugs, sexual assault, bye weeks... almost all of my teams have entirely unplayable benches at the moment, and that’s after I cut antonio brown’s fucked up self from my teams.

Ugh, I keep forgetting to set my team on Wednesday. Yet another week Wilson wastes away on my bench.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom