2014 Blue Crack Fantasy Football League

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peef, can I have Antonio Brown if you're not gonna play?

Also fucking hell, Phanan. My team is about to solidify into something pretty formidable, but I keep getting people on their best weeks.

Unless a QB gets negative points for failing to convert on 4th down, why are missed FGs negative points? Especially when these can be blocked FGs, bad snaps, etc.?

There aren't other ways to punish a kicker, than that. A qb can lose points for negative yards, ints, and fumbles. Every position has a way to go negative, so I get why a missed fg costs.

At that, I feel like kicker should just be absorbed into D/ST and not an individual position. I get the idea of "punishing" them like everyone else, but I don't think they're even indirectly liable for a blocked kick or messed up snap, most of the time. Of course, "blocked kick" isn't a kicker's statistic. Just FG/attempts.

In fairness, total points for is such a shitty metric for how good your team is. I get it as a tiebreaker (though would prefer H2H first), but it would be more interesting to view a team's deviation in points.

In my other (PPR) league, I'm putting up 130 per week every week, within 10. My friend Jacob has the same points for, but he's put up 170 in two weeks and less than 90 in two weeks. Hard to tell what exactly his team is.

In fairness, total points for is such a shitty metric for how good your team is. I get it as a tiebreaker (though would prefer H2H first), but it would be more interesting to view a team's deviation in points.

In my other (PPR) league, I'm putting up 130 per week every week, within 10. My friend Jacob has the same points for, but he's put up 170 in two weeks and less than 90 in two weeks. Hard to tell what exactly his team is.

And now that I'm actually looking at it, I'm averaging 97 points a week. Not too bad in a 12 team league. It's just that my opponents are averaging 69.7.
My team is getting stronger as well. I won a few earlier rounds on some flukes like KC scoring 35 points on defense. Greg Olsen is the only guy I started in week 1 that I'm starting in week 6. I'm a terrible early round drafter.

Last edited:
I'm also a terrible early round drafter. My first round pick is always fine, but somewhere around 2-5 I make substantially unfortunate picks. Guys that don't show up, fall off (hi Andre Johnson), or get injured (hello Mr. Luck).

Anyone who played with Andrew Luck and Andre Johnson last year knows the misery.

But I typically always come away with gem later RB picks. This is my only league I don't hold Demarco Murray in. Last year I was in the Doug Martin camp.

Anyone who played with Andrew Luck and Andre Johnson last year knows the misery.

Demarco Murray

200.gif

golden tate is absolutely killing me this year. utter shit so far, so i sit him this week and of course he puts up 23 fucking points. :|

Hewy's gonna get that last playoff spot without a fight.

Granted, his team is more deserving at this point, but were the roles reversed that would highlight the problem ten times more.

Hewy's gonna get that last playoff spot without a fight.

Granted, his team is more deserving at this point, but were the roles reversed that would highlight the problem ten times more.

Playoffs aren't done by division, so if you look at the projected playoff bracket, you are currently in as the 4 seed. So you control your own destiny.

I'm totally the last person who should be complaining (my team gets the fewest per game against it).

I don't think my team is all that bad though -- I've been really bad in both of my leagues in benching producers and starting non-producers. DeAndre Hopkins says hello.

Did I fuck this up? Were the playoffs too early? And it looks like the playoff teams are doing two week matchups. That's not how it's supposed to be. I don't know what the hell happened.

And it looks like we have the same 2 week playoff set up as last year, much to the chagrin of our beloved Commish and #1 Cubs fan.

Back
Top Bottom