2011 US Open - Tennis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Well I think its deserving of its own thread, or do we just go all soccer thread style and have a thread just for any tennis talk?

Anyways! Discus.

Why was Andy Roddick playing against Will Ferrell on ESPN2 tonight?
Are they making a movie? "Flushing Nights, the Legend of Michael Russell"?

(Conveniently Russell has 2 first names ala Ricky Bobby, so he fits the joke beautifully in both looks and nomenclature).

I really do not understand how Stosur got this far ... Really overachieving here.

It's incredibly surprising and just as equally sad that she has only won two career singles titles.

It's a credit to the women's game that it is so open at the moment. The emergence of Schiavone in her twilight and the late blooming of Zvonareva, Li Na and Stosur, to add to the youthful brilliance of Azarenka, Kvitova and Wozniacki, has offered fans some excitingly competitive professional tennis, whereas the men's game is dominated by a big four of sorts at the minute.

7 years ago, it was the women's game that featured a vast gap between the elite (Sisters Williams and the Belgians) and the rest and we feared that the women's game was going to be forever dominated by more powerful women.

I agree with that. There are many who constantly whine about the state of the WTA today, though. But I always imagine they are members of the "everything was better before" brigade.

Amazing game by the sound of it with the Joker, amazing stuff. Soild win by Sammy as well,I will be getting up early tomorrow to watch that one.

I always find the WTA much more interesting these days as its usually a different winner at the majors, it seems a more open draw. The Men is always gonna usually be someone in the top 4.

I'm absolutely ecstatic, so awesome for Sam after her disappointments in the other three majors. Mega pissed off I couldn't watch it though

"If you ever see me walking down the hall, look the other way."
"You're a hater and you're unattractive."
"And I never complain."
"We're in America."

Stay classy, Serena

Fuuuuuuuuuu-

I don't know why this happened. I never really rated or liked her before as a player, but I'd be an idiot to say that she's no good. Having said that, how the hell does Serena lose a game like this?

very happy for Sam - she's been pretty much playing her best tennis this past year.

Excited about the men's final - hoping for a good match. C'mon Novak!

"If you ever see me walking down the hall, look the other way."
"You're a hater and you're unattractive."
"And I never complain."
"We're in America."

Stay classy, Serena
Well, get the quote right...she said she's unnattractive inside :wink:

If you ever see me walking down the hall, look the other way, because you're out of control... You're totally out of control, you're a hater, and you're unattractive inside. Who would do such a thing? And I never complain. Wow... We're in America last I checked. Can I get a water or am I gonna get violated for a water? Really, don't even look at me! I promise you, don't look at me, 'cause I am not the one. Don't look my way.”

Video of it here:

Serena Williams Calls U.S. Open Umpire a 'Hater' During CBS Broadcast (Video) - The Hollywood Reporter

tumblr_ljrrme4cjv1qj6hbao1_500.jpg

Yeah I've seen them... just another reason he's probably my favourite player in the men's game.

By the way, he's on track to have the best year/season in history. I think he's only dropped two matches this year.

Back
Top Bottom