2011 Rugby World Cup thread - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 06:56 AM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:21 PM
Love me some Union. That was super entertaining. A shame about Wales though. Gonna try and get myself along to a few Melbourne Rebels games next Super 12 season.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #77
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Must be comforting to know that there is at least something that justifies your existence as a country
Neil Finn's going to slap you.

Quote:
Lay Down Sally is an Australian hero compared to Quade Cooper, judging by the facebook and twitter backlash
Hahahaha, and he was born in New Zealand too. Thanks, Robbie Deans and Quade Cooper, you've served your country well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
Love me some Union. That was super entertaining. A shame about Wales though. Gonna try and get myself along to a few Melbourne Rebels games next Super 12 season.
If there's a Melbourne vs Wellington game, I may well head down myself. Except I'll be cheering for the Hurricanes.

(I may consider the Rebels my third team though. I have a soft spot for Otago and cheer for them when they aren't playing Wellington.)

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Lay Down Sally is an Australian hero compared to Quade Cooper, judging by the facebook and twitter backlash
I only really watched the start, and it didn't start well.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #79
Vocal parasite

The not-totally-paranoid part of me knew we'd won the game right then and there at the kick-off.

The paranoid part of me, even when that scrum was awarded with half a minute to go, still feared the worst would somehow befall us in a bizarre twist of fate. I even turned to Charlotte and said something like "never trust in a victory over the Wallabies until they're dead".

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #80
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:21 AM
okay, because i'm a girl (lol) i figure i can get away with asking stupid questions.

one thing i've noticed with watching the rwc games is this noise they make during the restart kick or whatever after points were scored. do they do this at every rugby game or is it just a world cup thing? a minor thing, yeah, but the noise amuses me so i was curious.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:32 AM   #81
Vocal parasite

THAT NOISE IS IRRITATING THE SHIT OUT OF ME.

Whoever thought it up needs to be shot and I hope it doesn't become a "thing" that they keep doing post-Cup.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-17-2011, 04:20 AM   #82
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i think it's cute!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:52 AM   #83
45:33

Vuvuzelas... - YouTube

I actually liked the vuvuzelas
Old 10-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #84
Vocal parasite

So, Australia manage to get the bronze by defeating Wales. Shame. The Welsh deserved it, but without Warburton, Priestland, or Adam Jones, their attack seemed to just founder and they were totally let down on the kicking front. Oh well, they're a young and improving team right now - give them four years and they should be fairly imposing at the 2015 Cup.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #85
Vocal parasite

I woke up unnaturally early this morning because I'm so excited/nervous about tonight. I can't recall anticipating a rugby game this much.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #86
Vocal parasite

Since this is pretty much the "Axver talks to himself about rugby" thread, I'll keep going! I must admit, I'm getting a bit nervous ahead of the big game tonight. Statistically, we're due for a loss to France; we win one, we lose one. 1987 win (grand final), 1999 loss (semi), 2003 win (3rd place play-off), 2007 loss (quarter-final), 2011 win (group stage). And they are the last team to beat the All Blacks at Eden Park, back in 1994. So they probably think history is on their side.

But then we'd never beaten Australia at the World Cup until last week. (Though the two teams had only ever met twice before at the Cup. - in the semi-finals of both 1991 and 2003.)

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-23-2011, 02:46 AM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:51 PM
I'd talk about rugby but I don't know what to say ...
Old 10-23-2011, 03:02 AM   #88
Vocal parasite

Say "GO THE ALL BLACKS!"

An hour to go.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-23-2011, 03:56 AM   #89
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

lol justin bieber can sing in french
Old 10-23-2011, 04:53 AM   #90
Vocal parasite

Haha we were all "so that's what Bieber will be doing in fifteen years".

And oh for fuck's sake, 1. WEEPU YOU ARE NORMALLY SUCH A GOOD KICK WHAT HAPPENED?! and 2. OUR FIRST FIVE-EIGHTHS ARE CURSED. I can't believe we're down to our FOURTH CHOICE first five-eighth for the last 43 minutes of a goddamn World Cup final. Sweet jesus, I'm so nervous, the French are fucking up for this and I think they could do it if we make just one too many blunders. Need more tries. Need to fucking get our kicks.

Gig pictures | Blog
Closed Thread

Tags
all blacks, new zealand, rugby, rugby world cup