2011 Rugby World Cup thread - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:47 PM
And also, they're Welsh, awesome accents and language.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #62
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:17 PM
Massive turn-around from the French, losing to Tonga - Tonga! - one week and then knocking off the Poms in the quarter-final the next.

Will be hoping Wales outsmart them in the semis. If the All Blacks somehow make the grand final, last thing I want is for us to be thwarted by the French again. I could at least hack a loss to Wales.

Quite excited about Australia vs South Africa tomorrow. Tough one to pick. And I'm just hoping New Zealand doesn't suffer an embarrassing failure against Argentina!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-08-2011, 07:21 AM   #63
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:17 PM
oops, yeah obviously meant quarter-final. the game was fun, sat by some neat frenchmen. had really nice seats too, right in the middle of the field, seventh row.

yay france!
Old 10-09-2011, 02:53 AM   #64
Vocal parasite

Goddamn South Africa, letting Australia through to the semis!

That said, at least now whoever wins this tournament won't have won the last one. All Blacks vs Argentina coming up ... everybody seems so confident, taking a Kiwi victory as a fait accompli, but I'm honestly nervous. We've never lost to Argentina, but it'd be bloody typical for us to lose that record tonight.

And I stand by my "fuck France" comments until they man up and at least apologise for launching a terrorist attack on New Zealand.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-09-2011, 03:58 AM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

Wales.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:32 AM   #66
Vocal parasite

New Zealand may've beaten Argentina 33-10 in the end, but that was so unconvincing. It took us over an hour to score our first try! If it weren't for Piri Weepu, we would've been fucked. Play like that against Australia next week and we'll get destroyed. Anybody who right now thinks the All Blacks will win the Cup is a serious optimist; Wales vs Australia is the most likely grand final.

People keep saying that New Zealand hasn't lost at Eden Park since 1994 (where both the semi and the final will be held), but the longer that record stands, the closer we get to it inevitably being broken, and I fear next Sunday will be the day it happens!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-15-2011, 05:46 AM   #67
Vocal parasite

Waaaaales.

GODDAMN. That valiant effort came within a hair of being the most incredible win in World Cup history. The French must be the least deserving grand finalists ever.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-15-2011, 06:31 AM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

That was devastating. That was the first time I have been gripped by a rugby match since the 2003 final.

They only have themselves to blame though, that Steven Jones guy missed a few gettable opportunities.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #69
Vocal parasite

It was agonising how close a couple of those kicks went. The worst part? The tackle probably should've only been a yellow card, not a red.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-15-2011, 11:54 PM   #70
Vocal parasite

An article on Stuff quoted the specific rule in question: Wales v France | IRB defends red carding of Wales... | Stuff.co.nz

So Rolland was correct in issuing the red card. I'd suggest the rule rather than the ref is at fault here. The tackle was clearly not malicious, nor did it cause injury, ergo a yellow card appears to me quite sufficient.

Somewhere, though, Wayne Barnes is probably quite happy, or at least breathing a sigh of relief. After being the most hated ref in the world for the last four years, Alain Rolland appears to have taken that role upon himself now.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-16-2011, 02:22 AM   #71
45:33

Just came across The Cream, a Roy&HG show that apparently aired during the 03 world cup god, I wish someone would take them on.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:53 AM   #72
Vocal parasite

ALL BLACKS ARE IN THE GRAND FINAL!!!

It took sixteen long years to get back there, but we made it! And made the Wallabies look like fucking amateurs in the process. Tonight feels so fucking good.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-16-2011, 06:20 AM   #73

Congrats Axver. I didn't watch it but glad we lost. Will be cheering hard for the All Blacks in the final.

Must be comforting to know that there is at least something that justifies your existence as a country
Old 10-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #74

Lay Down Sally is an Australian hero compared to Quade Cooper, judging by the facebook and twitter backlash
Old 10-16-2011, 06:39 AM   #75
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Must be comforting to know that there is at least something that justifies your existence as a country

Tags
all blacks, new zealand, rugby, rugby world cup