2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, it would be a travesty in so many ways if it rains long enough to call the game/force Sabathia out.

Based on what I see through my window, it doesnt look good. Freaking storm.

One. One Mariners baserunner! Aah aah aah aah.

the_count.jpg

Maybe having Neftali throw 18 pitches with a 15 run lead yesterday was a poor decision, Wash.

In a move that nobody will care about outside of Chicago and Toronto, it looks like we're close to shipping Edwin Jackson and the bad contract of Mark Teahen on to Toronto for Jason Frasor and a prospect. Frasor is a solid reliever, and nobody's going to shed a tear about losing Teahen. I'm down with the sound.

And Toronto may get Rasmus with him. Why doesn't Chicago just ship him to St Louis for Rasmus?

I don't know. St. Louis probably doesn't want Teahen's contract. We also wouldn't really have anywhere to play Rasmus. The outfield is full, and our best minor league prospect by far (Dayan "Tank" Viciedo, remember the name) is an outfielder as well.

EDIT: The deal is official. And Zach Stewart, the prospect that the Blue Jays threw in, was ranked in the Top 5 in their system prior to this year. Hot.

I don't know, man. E-Jax, Dotel, and Rzepczynski for Rasmus?

Jackson is a bit inconsistent, but is a very talented and still relatively young starting pitcher. You could really say the same thing about Rasmus...young and talented but hasn't quite put it together yet. Dotel and Rzepczynski can both help out the STL bullpen this year, as well.

I wouldn't really call that "rape." That's just me, though.

Sure, Jackson is a good pitcher. But he is a free agent at the end of the year. That and two relievers for one of the CFs with the highest upside in the league? I think it tops Anthopoulos' unloading of Wells' contract to the Angels in the offseason. The guy is a genius.

Anyone think Cuddyer is going anywhere?

That trade could finally set Minnesota fans against Gardy. I think the love for the two of them is equal here.

Wow. Mike Carp finally sees consistent playing time and his OPS goes up 200 points in a week. Oh, and that Ackley kid? Yeah, he's something special. General predictions for him for this year were .270/.350/.400. Kinda blowing that (except OBP) out of the water so far.

Today, Felix Hernandez walked Brett Gardener.

eMVKd.png

GardnerWalk.gif.opt_medium.gif

Here are the balls and strikes as called by the umpire. Note the green triangle down the center as the pitch called ball four in the above gif.

zoneplot.php-pitchSel=all&game=gid_2011_07_27_seamlb_nyamlb_1&sp_type=1&s_type=7.gif

Umpires are terrible at their job.

While I'm always skeptical of pitchFX, it's never THAT off. Not even close. Furthermore, to the naked eye, that was clearly a strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom