2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwin Rodriguez resigns as Florida's manager after this whole mess (and it's not his fault, it's the players faults). Classy though, because the writing was on the wall. He was bound to get axed sooner or later, even if it wasn't his fault.

Either way, the players loved him. And he was really, really soft on them apparently.

Out of the blue, Jack McKeon comes out of retirement and is named the Florida Marlins manager. Now, there's someone who will whip those boys into shape. I'm excited to see him back. Should be a fun(ny) season.

The Phils can't hit lefties, sat Polanco and had Martinez and Francisco in the lineup. Both of those two are AA players at best. That game was over when Manuel handed in the lineup card.

The Phils can't hit lefties, sat Polanco and had Martinez and Francisco in the lineup. Both of those two are AA players at best. That game was over when Manuel handed in the lineup card.

You saying the Phillies can't hit lefties makes me laugh. Because the Mariners are ridiculously horrid vs. lefties (and only moderately horrid against righties), especially a lefty who would be the number one starter for roughly 20 teams. Most Mariners fans thought the Hamels game was over as soon as it was decided which he would be pitching.

ETA: I'd take either of your two AA players over Chone Figgins at this point. Pretty sure Atlanta fans would say the same about Uggla at this point as well.

You saying the Phillies can't hit lefties makes me laugh. Because the Mariners are ridiculously horrid vs. lefties (and only moderately horrid against righties), especially a lefty who would be the number one starter for roughly 20 teams. Most Mariners fans thought the Hamels game was over as soon as it was decided which he would be pitching.

ETA: I'd take either of your two AA players over Chone Figgins at this point. Pretty sure Atlanta fans would say the same about Uggla at this point as well.
And who won? My point is I'm not surprised at all that a pedestrian lefty puzzled that batting order. I'm not trying to compete for ineptitude or anything.

You can have Martinez or Francisco. Martinez is hanging on because the organization bizarrely views him as a potential Rollins replacement and can't demote him because he's Rule 5, despite the fact that he can't hit or field any position well. Francisco is a 0-tool player with a decently large contract that they'd be embarrassed to swallow. Leaving both of them on the roster also delays starting the service clock on the clearly superior John Mayberry, who's a fucking righty, the one thing they desperately need.

26311621522447265261258tf.jpg

kram, nsw and me saturday night after the show.

I have tix for tonight's Mets game, first game I've seen since the 1st season Citifield opened up.......And of course it's raining cats and dogs out.:doh:

I hope you guys picked up all those cups from the ground.

Game cups at home are for college students. :wink:

/runs-hides his MN Wild "Premium Beer" cup

I was on Vicodin for the weekend, so no drinking for me anyway. My back's better now, and I have to say Vicodin's good, but booze is great.

Of course just when the Twins decide to show up and play, I'm traveling to U2 shows and have given my tickets away for the next month and a half.

I will be seeing the Yanks games come August though. :up:

I've never really gotten a good look at Alexei Ramirez before. Jesus, he's a lanky guy.

That's about all I've got to say about this series.

Went to Met game last night.

Stayed until middle of the 9th...then I said "K-Rod has this locked up"...half jokingly mind you.

Sure enough, I'm home in my bed watching the 13th inning.:crack::doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom