2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah. Best offensive player in the NL so far? I really thought he was done last year.

I didn't. I was hoping the M's would sign him cuz I thought it was just the injuries. Heh. But no, we've got Jack Cust instead. Ah well. SMOAK!

So, this is some of my problem with Gardenhire:
Liriano throws his no-no, the Twins have an ESPN game Monday night versus the Red Sox, Liriano is scheduled to throw, but Gardenhire has considered sitting him to give him more rest after his complete game.

Really?

Misc. Angels stats...

They've already played 7 extra inning games and we're only 32 games into the season.

The Angels have GIDP'd 36 times this season, more than any team in baseball except St. Louis (41). (Not counting yesterday's games). Torii Hunter alone has GIDP'd 11 fucking times.

Overall, Halos have been atrocious hitting with runners in scoring position.

Kudos to Verlander :up:
(and Dalton FWIW)

Does anyone know how many no-hitters have been thrown on the road versus at home?
Curious since the 2 this week were away wins.

I think I once read that like 65% of all no-hitters were tossed at home....but maybe I'm old and confused.

It's probably just an exhibit of general home-field advantage (psychology, stadium familiarity, umpire bias, etc).

It seems like we've got the perfect matchups.

The pitching matchup nobody wants to see, the pitching matchup everybody wants to see, and then the pitching matchup that can be just as ugly as it can be pretty.

West making an ass of himself again, getting a foul tip call wrong and insta-tossing Gardenhire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom