2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tourist what happened to the kid who is supposed to be a stud at 2nd? Is he hurt or in AAA?

Are you talking about Michael Pineda...? Or Mauricio Robles? Because Robles is hurt. But I'm sure he's doing better for us than Jarrod Washburn is doing for you.

Are you talking about Michael Pineda...? Or Mauricio Robles? Because Robles is hurt. But I'm sure he's doing better for us than Jarrod Washburn is doing for you.

Wow. You might want to see someone about that anger, son. I was talking about the stud that you guys have coming up from the minors that is high on everyone's list. I believe he's a 2nd baseman?

Oh, okay, because see every time you've addressed me in the past, say, 20 months or so in the baseball thread, it's been to mention that trade and deride Mauricio Robles and/or Luke French.

Ackley's not ready yet. He'll be ready sometime this year, though.

Also, it's highly likely he's Brian Roberts 2.0. Not exactly a stud, but above average.

Oh, okay, because see every time you've addressed me in the past, say, 20 months or so in the baseball thread, it's been to mention that trade and deride Mauricio Robles and/or Luke French.

Ackley's not ready yet. He'll be ready sometime this year, though.

This is going to twist your training pants in a bunch, but I don't think about you. Hell, I don't even think about your team. If I've mentioned the same thing a few times, I either believe it or was making a point.

Simmer down, I don't know maybe go out and talk to real people. Kiss a girl ... or a boy. Apply for a job. Do something that will help you not take this, the internet, so seriously.

Ackley! That's him. I hope he does well. I enjoy good 2nd basemen.

What banks are prominent down in that area?

Suntrust, BankAtlantic (already named on the BankAtlantic Center), and Banco Popular (specifically in that Miami area) would be the three that are more unique to the area, as well as your usual Bank of America, Chase, Wachovia/Wells Fargo, etc.

Publix (grocery store) has a shot, as well as JetBlue orCarnival Cruiselines.

And if the MLB were to allow it, Bacardi would easily have the name IMO.

grupo_bimbo_logo1.jpg

Bimbo Stadium!

:pray:

Suntrust, BankAtlantic (already named on the BankAtlantic Center), and Banco Popular (specifically in that Miami area) would be the three that are more unique to the area, as well as your usual Bank of America, Chase, Wachovia/Wells Fargo, etc.

Publix (grocery store) has a shot, as well as JetBlue orCarnival Cruiselines.

And if the MLB were to allow it, Bacardi would easily have the name IMO.
Bank of America (Carolina Panthers), Chase (Arizona Diamondbacks), and Wells Fargo (Philadelphia 76ers/Flyers) all have stadiums already, so I doubt they would make a play for the new Miami stadium. Suntrust could be a contender, though it would be a bit confusing because isn't Pro Player now called Sun something?

Bank of America (Carolina Panthers), Chase (Arizona Diamondbacks), and Wells Fargo (Philadelphia 76ers/Flyers) all have stadiums already, so I doubt they would make a play for the new Miami stadium. Suntrust could be a contender, though it would be a bit confusing because isn't Pro Player now called Sun something?

Pro Joe RobbieShark Dolphin(s) Stadium is now Sunlife Stadium. Which is Sunlife financial. Yeah, it'd be confusing.

I know none of those are going to end up being the names. BankAtlantic I believe is losing it's rights to the BankAtlantic Center, although they're 99% not going to be in on the Marlins.

My guesses: Bacardi, Publix, Suntrust, JetBlue, Carnival, NCL, Burger King

Burger King has been getting a lot of rave and speculation as well. FWIW, Burger King started in Miami and I believe is still based out of Miami.

I hate the name Citizens Bank Park for a number of reasons. Wells Fargo Center is awful too. I would hate Lincoln Financial Field as well if it weren't for the ease of nicknaming it the Linc.

Well, you could do the same and nickname Citizens Bank Park as Citi.

In other news, Chapman is a beast.

bilde

LuckyNumber7 said:
Well I mean, obviously but I was just trying to say that it's non-existent anywhere north of Dade county.

Oh, I wasn't commenting on your inclusion of that bank. Seems like it has as good a chance as any. I'm just shocked that a region lousy with illegals who refuse to learn English because they no longer have to has a bank with a Spanish name. Glad I was sitting down when I read that.

Why wouldn't Bacardi fly if Landshark already had the rights to the football field?

Oh, I wasn't commenting on your inclusion of that bank. Seems like it has as good a chance as any. I'm just shocked that a region lousy with illegals who refuse to learn English because they no longer have to has a bank with a Spanish name. Glad I was sitting down when I read that.

Why wouldn't Bacardi fly if Landshark already had the rights to the football field?

I mean, there is Busch and there is Coors, and LandShark had it for a season too.

I believe it's something different when you're talking about liquor though. Dunno, just instinct on that one.

Also, I'll hate it forever if it becomes Banco Popular Field or whatever. That's awful. There's nothing I hate more than the Marlins infatuation with the Spanish people who don't give a shit about the team. Most of the real fans are from the Palm Beach/Broward area, yet the Super Saturday acts (post-game concerts) range from stuff like El Gran Combo to Willy Chirino, etc. it's almost as though they don't want the majority of the fanbase to be interested.

It's taking a great deal of restraint to not go off on a huge jag here, so I'll leave it at this: I hear you.

JJ at it again, no hitter through 4.1, 2 hits through 5.1 though so the no-hitter done relatively early.

Regardless, no hitter through 3 innings in all of his 4 starts this season, through 4 in the past 3 starts.

Nasty.

long live dick wood.

Angels Designate Brandon Wood For Assignment
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [April 19, 2011 at 10:58pm CST]

The Angels designated Brandon Wood for assignment to create roster space for Erick Aybar, who is coming off of the disabled list, according to Angels TV announcer Victor Rojas (on Twitter). After five years of disappointing performances in the majors, the Angels are finally ready to cut ties with the former first round pick, who is now out of options.

Wood followed up his poor 2010 season (.146/.174/.208 line) with a remarkably similar performance in 14 appearances this season (.154/.154/.231). The one-time top prospect will likely draw interest now that he's available; he has 161 minor league homers to his name, including 43 in 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom