2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you don't mind the Mark Prior watch, but here's a new blurb:

Right-hander Mark Prior was the feel good story of Spring Training this year, striking out a dozen batters and allowing just one run in 8.2 innings. He was clearly a shell of his former self, but his stuff was good enough to get guys out. Baseball America’s Jim Callis passed along an updated scouting report on the former phenom in this week’s Ask BA: “Prior’s fastball usually ran from 87-91 mph, his breaking ball and changeup were nothing special, and neither was his control (five walks) … Prior will need more fastball and a quality second pitch if he’s going to help New York in a relief role later in the year. I’m rooting for him, but I’ll believe it when I see it.”

The Yankees have until mid-June before Prior’s opt-out clause becomes an issue, so there’s no rush to make a decision. He recently appeared in back-to-back games for High-A Tampa and came out of that okay, but he’s obviously got a long, long way to go.

Well, if Hughes doesn't get it together, Prior is a possible option. The Yanks are hoping that a tweek in Hughes' delivery could be the solution to his "velocity" problems.

Prior is strictly a reliever now. His arm would likely fall off were he to start again.

I doubt he will help the major league club soon, I'm just rooting for him to play again.

Alexei Ramirez. Thank you. Smooth as fuck at shortstop, swings like a drunk slow-pitch softball player at the plate. I am so glad his parents had sex that one night out in that sweaty tobacco field.

King Felix had a sucky start followed by... uh... Prince?... Pineda having an outstanding start!

Agreed, but they'll give him a few more chances.

And after that, they'll feel obligated to go to Wakefield.

And after that, once Wakefield stinks it up a bit, they'll finally go to Aceves, who should have been the 5th starter coming out of spring training but obviously wasn't going to be...

Curse Bright House Networks. Curse FSN Florida/SUN Sports. Curse the Marlins and Rays declaration of Orlando as 'home territory'.

It has become physically impossible to watch the Marlins play if you live on campus. Except for illegal streams, which are impossible to find for baseball without StreamTorrent (which sucks).

Curse Bright House Networks. Curse FSN Florida/SUN Sports. Curse the Marlins and Rays declaration of Orlando as 'home territory'.

It has become physically impossible to watch the Marlins play if you live on campus. Except for illegal streams, which are impossible to find for baseball without StreamTorrent (which sucks).

Any Spanish-language options?

Spanish is readily available via SAP on FSN/SUN Sports. So unfortunately, no :(.

I'm either going to have to go out somewhere to catch this game (Johnson vs. Hudson) or listen, once again, on radio.

Agreed, but they'll give him a few more chances.

And after that, they'll feel obligated to go to Wakefield.

And after that, once Wakefield stinks it up a bit, they'll finally go to Aceves, who should have been the 5th starter coming out of spring training but obviously wasn't going to be...

Dice-K is pretty much a bust by this point, but I doubt the 273-year-old Wakefield, Aceves or Felix Doubront are going to be much better as the #5.

Lackey, Ellsbury, Crawford, and Youkilis are bigger concerns at this point, in my opinion.

105 pitches through 7, I wonder how many more he'll need.

Hewson totally jinxed it.

Ah, there goes another JJ no-hitter.

It's awesome to be able to watch him every single game... and he almost always puts on a show. He went no-hitter through 6 I believe on opening day.

One day he'll get it. That was awesome. And this time round the Cy Young is his :)

Fun fact, in JJ's 3 starts he has no hit his opponents through the first 3 in all starts.

And then one start was 6 innings and this one was 7.1.

I wonder if he's trying? :D

i should have started up one didthesawkswinlastnight.com

damnit! :doh:

I disagree regarding Aceves. I think he's shown that he can do well if he's healthy.

Aceves can pitch, I was sorry to see him go. Looks like he slimmed down a bit, too.

This just in:

I like Jason Heyward.

I also like weaving my way through baseballreference.com.....I especially enjoy looking at the lifetime stats for Gred Maddux and Pedro Martinez. I wish I had kids so they could have kids so I could tell those grandkids about those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom