2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On paper, at least to me, it looks like they have a strong offense.

Couldn't tell you much about their pitching yet. I'll have to catch some more of their games.

Last year they had Jeremy Guthrie and a bunch of young scrubs. As far as I can tell most of those young scrubs are still there and may or may not improve, but they've also added Zach Britton, who's done very well in the minors.

According to Fox, Ryan Howard has apparently been traded to the AL East:

5603125405_555535cdc2_b.jpg

My tolerance level for sports media is at an all-time low, which is saying something. It's doubly bothersome to me because my career has been spent in sports broadcasting, so what does that make me?

Anyway, I mention this because baseball is of course underway, and already I'm seeing insane articles by veteran sports writers who should absolutely know better. An article on 10 reasons why the Mets are better than we think, even though they hadn't played 10 games up to that point. An article yesterday about how Girardi might have a problem because Eric Chavez might force Joe to DH him and not Posada. Chavez has had all of six at-bats this season. Jeter was moved to 2nd in the line-up during spring training and Wally Mathews loses his mind, writing about potential controversy. Jeter of course has more career at bats in the 2 hole than anywhere else. And on and on. Makes me sick.

Anyway, I'm thrilled that baseball is underway and I've already attended 2 Dodger games with a 3rd coming next weekend. If I can't watch my Yanks in person, might as well root Mattingly on.

And, Gump, the thought of you holding it down in here all alone was too much for me to bear........:)

Whoever this new guy wearing Beckett's uniform is, I like his style.

You hate yourself?

Probably.

By the way, every baseball fan should attend Spring Training at least once.

Some friends and I have gone 2 years in a row now and plan on making it an annual trip.

We saw 6 games in 4 days at 4 different facilities and just had an amazing time. This was the Cactus league, not a bad drive from LA at all.

Someone has to pick up the slack with Sweet Lou no longer around to kick dirt on the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom