2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope Texas is forced to play a one game playoff at season's end for the division so Kinsler and Cruz can each end the season with 163 HR's.

i finally got to sit down and watch an entire mets game on sunday... and it only took one game to get me in the mood for baseball season. :hi5:

i do like some of the things i see... firstly, r.a. dickey: tim wakefield 2.0. what a great story and a great run this guy's having over the past 2 years.

secondly... the mets seem, thus far, to be much more patient at the plate than in years past, with one notable exception being jose reyes, who's still hacking away at everything he sees.

very interested to see how chris young does, especially in philly.

Man, I absolutely loved Chris Young when he was a Ranger. He had some exciting stuff in those days, and I was really bummed when he got shipped to San Diego (along with Adrian Gonzalez, and we all know how well that worked out for Texas). It'd be great to see him tap into all the potential I saw.

if his arm is healthy he could be an absolute steal, especially being a ground ball pitcher pitching in the house that madoff built. if not? :shrug: meh... they're not paying him much at all, so who cares. he gets replaced by a prospect... perhaps the very promising matt harvey.

it's a good thing we were able to sign a moneyball GM, now that, well, the mets have no money.

YouTube - David Letterman - Chris Rock: The Mets Got No Money!

Wilson_DP2.gif

Four homers in four games means it's time for this to make a comeback:

svgt8h.jpg

In other Rangers news, this is an event that occurred on a breezy Monday night at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington:

263h3md.jpg

Well, Erik Bedard's first start in the majors in over 600 days ended just as it should have. Guy's got a little rust and ran into the sharp end of a great offense.

Hewson said:
Didn't know you had tix to the game last night Impy, what was the "outcome"?

It was a little rough in the early going, but we got into a groove and eventually got the big blast when we needed it.

I have to go to Pittsburgh for a wedding in may. Think the pirates game will be sold out?
Do not get a cheesesteak there. They think a cheesesteak is a slice of cold roast beef, two slices of cheese, some lettuce, and sliced bread. Seriously. Fucking Pittsburgh.

Beautiful stadium though. Probably my favorite in the league. Really great atmosphere when the place is filled up.

When is our friend John Lackey/B Wood changing his user name to M Trout?

Do not get a cheesesteak there. They think a cheesesteak is a slice of cold roast beef, two slices of cheese, some lettuce, and sliced bread. Seriously. Fucking Pittsburgh.

Beautiful stadium though. Probably my favorite in the league. Really great atmosphere when the place is filled up.

I'm assuming no Cheez Wiz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom