2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. And much like fastballs, it'll probably only take three zingers to put ole B. Wood away.

Aaaaaand, you're back to your losing ways. :wave:

:laugh:
Nice avatar, so are we to assume that you no longer root for the Angels of Southern Oregon (who could blame you, any sane fan would have abandoned that ship years ago just like any quality player has) and now are fully behind the Pirates. Good for you Pubbie, hope your Pirates fare well.

Marlins off to their best start in franchise history.

Half game from the best record in the league (Colorado, who we almost no-hit twice!). Set your goals high!

Bedard pitching to form and Justin Smoak hitting to his potential are both a nice breath of fresh air.

So here's something you don't see every (make that any) day:

Gotta love being the 8th hitter in a national league lineup.

Was only 2 for 8 going into today's game, but with a 2-run double, a couple of walks and only one K (oh, and solid defensive play), the Bucs fans were diggin' me on twitter. Hurdle doing the right thing playing me at SS, my natural position.

0 fer 3 today, though, and with 2 K's. Now they all think I suck. Eh, fuck 'em. Just give me my reps. :wink:

Gotta say, it's pretty amusing that of all the players I could have chosen to be after Lackey, I choose the one guy who even Angels fans called "the worst hitter in the major leagues" last season (although I don't know what numbers they were basing that on. I think I was at the bottom in BA at the end of last season for players with a certain number of AB's, but I haven't checked).

Ah, there's Josh Johnson giving up a hit in the first inning (or first three innings, for that matter) for the first time this season.

It was a really cool novelty while it lasted.

Look at this hot 'n' sexy stat right here for your Chicago Cubbies:

Top 3 ERA:

1. Garza 4.11
2. Zambrano 4.91
3. Dempster 9.58

So apparently Ichiro felt bad for the Sox. Because he did just about the worst thing you can do with a ball lost in the sun and didn't get in front of it.

someone posted on tbl that everyone at citizens were chanting USA-USA-USA when the bin laden news spread.

if that happened, that's awesome

Verlander is pretty fantastic even when he doesn't have good command. 100 mph in his 127th pitch of the night? Impressive.

Watching Valverde and his histrionics make me appreciate Mariano even more.

That's really been his only issue this year. Keeping the pitch count lower. He's been going into the 7th and 8th innings already over 100 every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom