2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By my count, that's two consecutive blown saves for Rivera. Is it time for the annual "Mariano is done" headlines yet?

Your count is accurate, and, yeah, it probably is time, sadly. One day they'll be right, though. I just don't think we're quite there yet.....

I think one of the NY papers has on their web site "Easter Casket" in reference to the Knicks losing today. Classy.

I'm sure reports that "age has finally caught up with Mariano" will appear tomorrow and be recycled in August/September, when he blows a few more saves. I bet that "The cutter is not cutting as much now" will be top in the list of reasons they offer for his demise.

Marlins attendance is easy to joke about, but, it's also based in fact. The crowd that night was abysmal, and that bums me out. If it had been a home Pirates or Royals game, I could have made the same joke, and probably would have.

I don't like or dislike the Marlins. I love baseball and appreciate great players, no matter where they perform. That's why I get Extra Innings every year.

Right. I'm not finger pointing at you in any way. But it does exist that the Marlins as a team wont be taken seriously because people give a shit about who sits in their stands.

Kinda like U2 cant be taken seriously because people don't like Bono. Illogical to judge your opinion of music based upon someone's personality.

And for the record, the Marlins get the most attendance jokes, hands down. And it's because of that infamous photo where a Tuesday night game was rained out and rescheduled for the following day at 10:30 a.m. where there was literally like 50 people in the crowd. Or something to that sort. Sad part is that the Rays, our neighboring team, usually have just as awful attendance despite being the best team in baseball. And they don't get any shit for that at all.

And considering the Marlins shit attendance, a 76,000 seating football stadium doesn't make things any bit merciful on them. There was probably an under-average attendance for that game. It just tells you how little a ton of people care about the team down here, and it's unfortunate. Our Saturday games always, always sell well. But the fans couldn't be bothered during the week.

Sad part is that the Rays, our neighboring team, usually have just as awful attendance despite being the best team in baseball. And they don't get any shit for that at all.

Really? They get a lot of shit for it. And for their cowbells.

The Rays got a ton of shit for it in 2008 when they had the playoff run. And for the cowbells. And for their retarded stadium.

Well, when your team is scuffling, there's no tonic like a 4 game trip to Anaheim...man how bad is Brandon Wood that he got cut from a team this pathetic that was outscored at home by a team 23-5 which entered the series with a whopping 1 road win on the season.

Ugh, the news from Hughes is not encouraging. I have a feeling he will be away for a long time.

Well, when your team is scuffling, there's no tonic like a 4 game trip to Anaheim...man how bad is Brandon Wood that he got cut from a team this pathetic that was outscored at home by a team 23-5 which entered the series with a whopping 1 road win on the season.

And now a trip to Baltimore. That should help as well.

Getting over .500 by the end of the month would be something after that horrendous start.

When the sun shines, we'll shine together.

Told you I'll be here forever.

Said I'll always be your friend.

Took an oath, I'ma stick it out to the end.

Now that it's rainin' more than ever.

Know that we'll still have eachother.

You can stand under my Humberella.

Ella. Ella. Eh. Eh. Eh.

Under my Humberella.

Ella. Ella. Eh. Eh.

I knew GAF would make an appearance. Your boy Humber was not too shabby tonight.

Is it bad that I was almost hoping Gustavo Molina would pinch hit for Jeter in the 8th?

When the sun shines, we'll shine together.

Told you I'll be here forever.

Said I'll always be your friend.

Took an oath, I'ma stick it out to the end.

Now that it's rainin' more than ever.

Know that we'll still have eachother.

Ella. Ella. Eh. Eh. Eh.

Under my Humberella.

Ella. Ella. Eh. Eh.

The Sock should trade Humber to the Yanks just so John Sterling could sing that on the radio after he pitches a shutout (which they win courtesy of a Granderson HR, oh the Grandy man can).

Aaaaaand, you're back to your losing ways. :wave:

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom