2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this means we'll be having a sort of Interference funeral for B. Wood, I want Hewson to write the eulogy.

I want the Red Sox to sign him to a minor league contract just to see what kind of reaction we'd get from pubcrawler.

pub crawler wouldn't :facepalm:, but he wouldn't approve of this trade because pubster knows that -- and I'll speak (type) in the 3rd person here -- BWood needs to go to a low-pressure environment and get consistent reps. Boston or New York would = FAIL.

This is from Tim Dierkes at mlbtraderumors and it echoes my thoughts exactly:

"I'd like to see a non-contending team install Wood as the starting shortstop and just let him rip for 500 plate appearances. That plan might be unfair to players who don't have the "advantage" of being out of options. But the Pirates might as well try him over Ronny Cedeno."

Brandon would LOVE to go the Pirates or a similarly sucky team, as long as the manager plays him every day.

How about the Gary SouthShore RailCats of the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball?

From the OC Register:

Wood, 26, said he felt the weight of expectations after being hailed as the team's future star for years before he got his big-league opportunity. "I think I put too much pressure on myself, wanting to put up Rookie-of-the-Year numbers," he said. "There was a lot of talk from 2007 to 2010. ... I panicked a little bit and tried to prove it all right."

- Sports - The Orange County Register

Brandon Wood needs to go play for a small market team and clear his head.

Imperor said:
How about the Gary SouthShore RailCats of the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball?

Hey now, don't mock the RailCats.
Brandon Wood said:
From the OC Register:

Wood, 26, said he felt the weight of expectations after being hailed as the team's future star for years before he got his big-league opportunity. "I think I put too much pressure on myself, wanting to put up Rookie-of-the-Year numbers," he said. "There was a lot of talk from 2007 to 2010. ... I panicked a little bit and tried to prove it all right."

- Sports - The Orange County Register

Brandon Wood needs to go play for a small market team and clear his head.
So for five years that's his excuse? I mean, you're playing in the pros, every one faces that kind of pressure. If he can't handle it that's not exactly the Angels fault.

Extra Innings in Chicago, and game 2 set to start in one hour and 20 minutes. I wonder which team is going to crack first.

black-ribbon2.png

I can't believe how well Bartolo is pitching. I don't think he will remain healthy for too long, but he's been pretty good so far.

Marlins lookin good, except for Chris Shitstad.

Thankfully, the offense was there tonight.

On another note, the Nats have looked pretty good as well.

What is it, another no-hitter through 5 innings?!?!!!?

That shit ain't worthy of stopping the presses.

And FYI, JJ's were into the 7th and the 8th inning. So, I don't know what warrents the whole '5th inning' thing.

This:

JJ at it again, no hitter through 4.1, 2 hits through 5.1 though so the no-hitter done relatively early.

Regardless, no hitter through 3 innings in all of his 4 starts this season, through 4 in the past 3 starts.

Nasty.

"JJ" has really perfected the art of the 3 inning no hitter! Save those cleats for Cooperstown!

This:

"JJ" has really perfected the art of the 3 inning no hitter! Save those cleats for Cooperstown!

First time since 1988. Notable enough for me. Nobody was sending out alerts for the other games. He's had 2 watches this season.

Lord forgive me for calling him JJ, is that a crime?

All I hear is hate hate hate. Anibal's through 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom