2011 MLB - Part III - World Series, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably needs the two hips saved for him given the length of that contract.

With Posada's retirement, A-Rod and Cano are the third and fourth longest tenured Yankees (behind Mo and Jeter). Hughes is fith on the list. I found this surprising.

Holy shit, Detroit

Boras must have compromising pictures of all these GMs, right?

gump said:
He probably needs the two hips saved for him given the length of that contract.

With Posada's retirement, A-Rod and Cano are the third and fourth longest tenured Yankees (behind Mo and Jeter). Hughes is fith on the list. I found this surprising.

how is that surprising? it's the yankees.

They are... just because they don't have any long tenured guys anymore doesn't change that they have a lot of old guys in key spots

Closer, SS and 3B, that's basically it. And Kuroda once his signing becomes official.

Anyways, my point was more that it almost feels as though Hughes and Cano just joined the team. Makes me feel old.

Thank the lord the Marlins didn't sign him, and thank the lord he didn't end up in the same division as the Marlins.

All is well in the NL East.

That's gotta be the best 3/4 hitter combo in baseball for the next few years.

And possibly the worst defensive infield in baseball with Peralta-Fielder-Miggy if the latter ends up playing third. But yeah, pretty impressive duo. The AL will be fun.

And possibly the worst defensive infield in baseball with Peralta-Fielder-Miggy if the latter ends up playing third. But yeah, pretty impressive duo. The AL will be fun.

Gotta assume Cabrera will be DH in 2012 with Victor sidelined for the season...2013 will be interesting to see what they do with essentially 3 highly paid DH's on the roster.

Yeah, 2012 should be easy, but it seems they want to try Cabrera at third, which is mindboggling to me. I guess he may not want to DH? Imagine Cabrera running to get groundballs hit in the hole.

Chubby, wheezing and a tendency of kicking the ball into left field when he gives up on a play.

Come on, we all know he doesn't want to play 3B.

Well if both Cabrera and Fielder are at 1st base, gravity wont let anything pass. I can understand what they were going after.

I'm so out of touch with MLB, it's not even funny. But anyone who thinks that $200 million+ for a overweight, often clumsy hitter who will probably give you about a .275 BA, 25 - 35 HRs a year and zero fielding ability is a good deal needs their head examined.

I'm so out of touch with MLB, it's not even funny. But anyone who thinks that $200 million+ for a overweight, often clumsy hitter who will probably give you about a .275 BA, 25 - 35 HRs a year and zero fielding ability is a good deal needs their head examined.

Check this out: Prince becomes the full time DH for the Tigers, drops 30 pounds thanks to some sort of Nutra-System/Jenny Craig diet, becomes the best DH ever, better even than say...Edgar Martinez, :D, never wins a World Series, retires and is voted into the HOF despite spending his last 9 seasons as a DH. :wink:

I can see it now.

Check this out: Prince becomes the full time DH for the Tigers, drops 30 pounds thanks to some sort of Nutra-System/Jenny Craig diet, becomes the best DH ever, better even than say...Edgar Martinez, David Ortiz :D, never wins a World Series, retires and is voted into the HOF despite spending his last 9 seasons as a DH. :wink:

I can see it now.

Fixed. :wink:

Or maybe there's something else at play here....

perhaps...

detroit_tigers_logo-9379.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom